Two-Handed Weapons Viable?

103k dps with flicker if i take item rarity out. Can easily switch gems to use ground slam / lightning strike / whatever other 2H skill and have 50k + dps (don't know the exact figures because i've been enjoying flicker strike lately).

When I get 2 Rumi's Concoctions I'll basically have 70% block chance up at most times with 20% spell block.

Survivability was an issue for awhile (mainly reflect) but after getting a 20% immortal call I haven't died to reflect. 6.3k es with discipline on, and a bit of room for improvement too.
Last edited by guvnor on Sep 10, 2014, 9:51:58 PM

i realy doubt theres anything better for derpblast than this staff maby expect searing touch but i prefer this becuz of 100% mana
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

i realy doubt theres anything better for derpblast than this staff maby expect searing touch but i prefer this becuz of 100% mana

Funny thing is that I also posted pledge in this thread. lol

It is an amazing staff, and literally dwarfs one of my 2H melee builds because of being able to play range with the staff. Most of the issues of survivability are from 2H melee builds.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 11, 2014, 2:23:29 AM
yep staff is amazing i got it for realy cheap 5ex only and almost perfect rolls
i do not think that anyone doubts that
a) BiS unique staff is non-viable (with such sick dps offense becomes defense)
b) spellcasters are much safer than melee guys

now let me think if 2h sword or mace makes any sense? no, i do not think so. if i can get good 1h and good 2h the only sensible choice is good 1h + shield
People for some reason love playing 2h melee so it's fine if 2h melee is trash. People will still play it.
@Aelloon
It's primarily just block + spell block being insanely good that makes 2h underwhelming. Either block needs to be nerfed, or 2h weapons need at least double the damage of 1h to make up for the risk of 2h melee. Only problem is ranged melee skills like spectral throw and ground slam basically making it impossible to have balance between bows/2h melee, one will always be better than the other as a result.
"
Septile wrote:
It's primarily just block + spell block being insanely good that makes 2h underwhelming. Either block needs to be nerfed, or 2h weapons need at least double the damage of 1h to make up for the risk of 2h melee. Only problem is ranged melee skills like spectral throw and ground slam basically making it impossible to have balance between bows/2h melee, one will always be better than the other as a result.

The only other method is to be pigeon-holed into a keystone that would benefit 2H weapon melee skills. When I say benefit, I say it would just benefit Glacial Hammer, Double Strike, Puncture, Elemental Hit, Frenzy, Viper Strike and Heavy Strike. Skills like Molten Strike, Ground Slam, Lightning Strike, Cleave, and Spectral Throw would be nulled from existence as long you are specced into that keystone.

The buffs from the keystone would be like 20-40 added physical damage, 400% more damage, but cannot use skills that has Projectile or AoE tags.

Of course, that is probably not going to happen.

Edit: Actually, Sweep and Leap Slam are AoE, so it would not work with the suggested keystone

Edit 2: Changed "more physical damage" to "more damage" to help Elemental Hit fit in.

Edit 3: Ranged was too broad, so projectile made more sense.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 11, 2014, 3:41:41 AM
"
guvnor wrote:

103k dps with flicker if i take item rarity out. Can easily switch gems to use ground slam / lightning strike / whatever other 2H skill and have 50k + dps (don't know the exact figures because i've been enjoying flicker strike lately).

When I get 2 Rumi's Concoctions I'll basically have 70% block chance up at most times with 20% spell block.

Survivability was an issue for awhile (mainly reflect) but after getting a 20% immortal call I haven't died to reflect. 6.3k es with discipline on, and a bit of room for improvement too.

so heavily stacked crit 2 hand build with the best unique crit staff and a crown of eyes? some how i am not at all surprised that would work.
I was thinking about this recently and the demise of 2H swords in PoE. I still remember fondly the days of Colossus Swords and Blades in D2, and it's sad to see 2H feel so inadequate when compared to S&B and dual wielders. Lack of resist/life/block from shield or block from DW makes them quite a bad choice.

2H (rare ones, or based items) should have their damage increased at least by 50% to make it them competitive with insane 1H or dual wielding.

And yeah, Pledge of Hands and Hegemony are sure great, but we are talking about standard rare 2H. Btw, isn't it shame that 2H swords still don't have such a great unique (Oro's seems ok, but it's not really at the same level as the top tier 2H axe/mace/staff uniques)
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info