Two-Handed Weapons Viable?

2H is viable.

the problem is that block is OP, so 1H > 2H, and by extension DW > 2H.

2H is a noob trap. you think, higher damage ! 2H is cool ! i'll get good defense with armor.

but armor has diminishing returns.

you get to end-game with no block and get destroyed.

i'm still running 2H though. and sword no less. and so far ar/ev, i.e. not IR.

because...i freaking want to.

Spoiler

Passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0TTBQgFE0UUhcvGJEZLho4GlUhAiFVJJskqib4Jy8n7Sz7ME8wdzKJNZI26DbpOQ46Uj38QKBBdEd-TjJQR1BUVAtV1lfiWGNYr1nzWf5fP2BLYSFko2TnZU1lp2aebBZuaXKpdO12K3gNeu97jHzZgIqApIM4hNmE74cZhymHaozPkFWQbJWbmSuiAKcwp4SpaKluqXOplKyqrlC18ryfvYG-p8AawQTBo8bY2L3ZYeJh42rjn-RR5b3pfOw47w7vfPAf9kj2VfdN-tL8Sw==

7k hp, 30k dps with a 5l. Rolling up to 77 map just fine
"
camapngu133 wrote:
Spoiler

Passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0TTBQgFE0UUhcvGJEZLho4GlUhAiFVJJskqib4Jy8n7Sz7ME8wdzKJNZI26DbpOQ46Uj38QKBBdEd-TjJQR1BUVAtV1lfiWGNYr1nzWf5fP2BLYSFko2TnZU1lp2aebBZuaXKpdO12K3gNeu97jHzZgIqApIM4hNmE74cZhymHaozPkFWQbJWbmSuiAKcwp4SpaKluqXOplKyqrlC18ryfvYG-p8AawQTBo8bY2L3ZYeJh42rjn-RR5b3pfOw47w7vfPAf9kj2VfdN-tL8Sw==

"
plasticeyes wrote:
2H is viable.

the problem is that block is OP, so 1H > 2H, and by extension DW > 2H.

2H is a noob trap. you think, higher damage ! 2H is cool ! i'll get good defense with armor.

but armor has diminishing returns.

you get to end-game with no block and get destroyed.

i'm still running 2H though. and sword no less. and so far ar/ev, i.e. not IR.

because...i freaking want to.

No no no no, you forgot about leech, endurance charge and immortal call. Armor is nothing though.
"
camapngu133 wrote:

No no no no, you forgot about leech, endurance charge and immortal call. Armor is nothing though.

well you have some quite valuable gear there...

kaom's
525 dps axe

and you have 400% damage and 200% life in the tree. wow! very nice.

however, you could have much less valuable gear, and less life nodes, as a 1H/block and be doing just as well.

sure, CwDT/EC/IC/ID is _required_.

remember, i did say it was viable. but it's still a noob trap.

much easier to make a 1H/shield work.

2H is more difficult and i think requires more expensive gear, in general.

edit: nice build !
Last edited by plasticeyes on Sep 9, 2014, 12:35:40 PM
as long as this game is about attack speed and block 2h remains crap

flat phys mods - the same for fast and slow > favors fast
flat ele - the same for fast and slow > favors fast
life on hit/mana on hit > favors fast

only stuff that benefits slow one hitters is Herald of Ash that.. is seriously broken-OP when used with SLOW hard-hitter..

everything else can be done - and done better - with 1h + shield

30% less attack dmg taken for free? 60% with like 5 passives? I'll take it!
"
plasticeyes wrote:

well you have some quite valuable gear there...

kaom's
525 dps axe

and you have 400% damage and 200% life in the tree. wow! very nice.

however, you could have much less valuable gear, and less life nodes, as a 1H/block and be doing just as well.

sure, CwDT/EC/IC/ID is _required_.

remember, i did say it was viable. but it's still a noob trap.

much easier to make a 1H/shield work.

2H is more difficult and i think requires more expensive gear, in general.

I did a 1h build before in Ambush, Gellis's "undying build". Back to the time when Aurora still 6 ex, 4% block lazhwar around 10 ex, a good ar/es chest for several ex, Rainbowstride 1 ex, and a big ass 375 pdps 1h sword for 14 ex. Yeah it was... pretty cheap

Now in Rampage, a 500 pdps 2h weapon is about 3-4 ex, Devoto 10c, Ming's heart 3-4 ex, Kaom? Nah, if you dont have money Belly of the Beast still a good choice. So saying 2h build requires more currency is a false statement imo

Sure 2h build cannot grants the immortality like 1h block build, but it's cheaper. That's the part I'm arguing about.

Btw, I digged up the old topic. Here's those old gear I'm talking about, if you curious
"
camapngu133 wrote:

Current gear
Spoiler

Last edited by camapngu133 on Sep 9, 2014, 12:43:51 PM
Bump for additional opinions I guess.
2H Mace perma-stun is the only 2H build that I feel is on par with 1H+Shield/DW in terms of survivability. It's actually kind of overpowered I'd say.

Ground Slam stuns everything that isn't Unqiue, and when combined with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, it makes it so your Immortal Call is up all of the time.

And then there's Heavy Strike, which makes Boss "fights" trivial because they can't even fight back. The only problem is when they are Unwavering or when there is more than one boss to fight at the same time.

It's also rather expensive in the sense that your weapon's damage determines whether you can stun things or not, hence why it only works well with 2H builds.
Last edited by Meridin on Sep 10, 2014, 9:31:58 PM
I have a 1h/shield stun class, is pretty good in tanky things, especially when got surround by thousand of spider dealing chaos damage or something like that.
My charge are up(6), immortal call is 5 seg, and 71% of block help a lot.
I wonder if a had the same survivability using 2h stunner, and without block and no 6l. It's complicated.
Last edited by Bash on Sep 10, 2014, 9:25:48 PM
"
Meridin wrote:
2H Mace perma-stun is the only 2H build that I feel is on par with 1H+Shield/DW in terms of survivability. It's actually kind of overpowered I'd say.

Ground Slam stuns everything that isn't Unqiue, and when combined with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, it makes it so your Immortal Call is up all of the time.

And then there's Heavy Strike, which makes Boss "fights" trivial because they can't even fight back. The only problem is when they are Unwavering or when there is more than one boss to fight at the same time.

It's also rather expensive in the sense that your weapon's damage determines whether you can stun things or not, hence why it only works well with 2H builds.

Endurance charge on melee stun is absolutely amazing with two hand perma-stun. It's also how I made an immortal like character back in nemesis. Immortal call on a level 20 cwdt means you'll get 11+ second immortal calls and instantly get back 7 or so ECs back.

All boss fights were trivial thanks to true permastun(boss not being able to do anything).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info