Two-Handed Weapons Viable?

This is something I've heard some debate on. Some people have told me that two-handed weapons not only sacrifice a shield, but also do less damage than their 1-handed counterparts. I've heard a lot of people raging and saying that two-handed weapons are "useless."

Is this true? Do you guys think 2H weapons are good?
They're viable enough to do 78 maps and even Atziri but are outperformed by many other options in both survivability and damage.

There is also specific two hand builds that have remained powerful but will still be lacking in DPS potential. Two hand mace permastunner is probably one of the best examples of a two hand build being superior to the onehand counterpart. It allows for two 6 links which is your main stunning skill(heavystrike) and groundslam for dealing with groups.

Wings of entropy has also never been better and is quite strong now(enough for some to call it fotm). Don't know if you consider that two hand though(it's dualwield + two hand).
Last edited by kasub on Sep 8, 2014, 11:53:10 PM
If you can afford good 1h there is not a single reason to look at 2h
"
sidtherat wrote:
If you can afford good 1h there is not a single reason to look at 2h

wut? what if you just like the feeling of a 2handed fighter? seriously not everyone is playing about the dps tooltip, and as the other guy said 2h stunner is very fine.

though 2h users could really use GGG's love
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

and in one of my future builds, if I can somehow get that "X" item I want.

Still, 2H builds need moar love. Currently have 3 builds out of my 10 using 2h weapons.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 9, 2014, 1:18:29 AM
viable yes, optimal, never.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Playing 2-Hand is extremely fun and satisfying but unrealistic at lvl70+

Sacrificing block is simply too big of a trade and your chance for a one way ticket to standard league is almost a given.
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:

Sacrificing block is simply too big of a trade and your chance for a one way ticket to standard league is almost a given.

+1

i too have 2h builds - but ONLY because i cannot get my hands on good 1h alternatives

block is THE KING of defenses. and if one want the 'offense' type of defense - there is DW for that (with more DW block nodes in 1.2)

if 2h did twice the damage of 1h - then we can talk, but currently the ceiling is ~800 vs ~550 and this is not enough.

btw - just how bad 2h are: that Oro's Sacrifice sword. it is terrible noob trap. sure there is a flicker/leap slam igniter prolif build for it. but it is mediocre at best and herald of ash made it pretty much redundant..

it is a 'fun' choice. but if one wants any form of efficiency (not talking about staff spellcasters) - 1h is the way to go
"
sidtherat wrote:

btw - just how bad 2h are: that Oro's Sacrifice sword. it is terrible noob trap. sure there is a flicker/leap slam igniter prolif build for it. but it is mediocre at best and herald of ash made it pretty much redundant..

There is also Infernal Blow with its high base damage, but the main hurdle is ele reflect. Hence why I delayed building around Oro's Sacrifice. -_-
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 9, 2014, 2:19:31 AM
Its okay!

Problem is mainly finding this one top end weapon (playing 2h in Beyond, lv86, still farming..)

Its pretty hard to find one in the new leagues.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info