Beyond Feedback: Archers Need Nerfed

They do way too much damage. Compare them to any other monster in the game. I feel like this is especially true given the way Beyond monsters pop up immediately and possibly lag you. When an IR, MoM, AA using character under the effects of a Granite of Iron Skin potion still takes MASSIVE damage from these guys I think something is wrong. One of them also rapid casts that "cold storm call" skill, and stacks like 4-5 in 1 second. This also does insane damage if you don't see it immediately and move, or if you're stunned by their retarded damage already.
I also feel that the humanoid beyonders in general have way too much life. Maybe the voidbearer ones too.

Please don't incorporate Surprise Super Strong Monsters into the next Hardcore league. It's been two leagues of this. Spike damage deaths are not fun.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah, they are stupid strong.

They actually raped my Lvl 83 Lightning coil, IR with 8-9k armour, 4.5k HP, 77% lightning / 76% Cold resistance character the day after they were introduced. I killed too many mobs, spawned 2 (or 3) packs of the same type and died. Barely had a chance to grasp what happened. That hurt.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
There are two archers.
Tornado shot archers, I agree that those are completely out of tune. When they fire their tornado shot, it can tickle you, or it can shotgun you eating 4k of your life pool. The other archers are only dangerous if you're not paying attention. Their 'cold calls' are only cast when they hit you with their arrows. When they fire a barrage, that means immediately moving out of they way, as that means multiple 'cold calls' at once.
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
chimpanzee wrote:
There are two archers.
Tornado shot archers, I agree that those are completely out of tune. When they fire their tornado shot, it can tickle you, or it can shotgun you eating 4k of your life pool. The other archers are only dangerous if you're not paying attention. Their 'cold calls' are only cast when they hit you with their arrows. When they fire a barrage, that means immediately moving out of they way, as that means multiple 'cold calls' at once.

I thought it was something Barrage related because they seemed rapid like that skill. Interesting. Thanks for the info. Is there a way to know which archer it is before they destroy my anus?
It's not so much that they're too strong in a sheer numbers sense. It's that Tornado Shot LMP (which they all have by default) can hit the player up to four times. So the damage range is massive. They didn't think the shotgunning potential through when they buffed them to auto-LMP. They should bring it back to 1 projectile, which can still hit twice, and then give them 100% pierce to approximate their current multitarget potential without giving them ridiculous burst single-target. Even then, they'd still be able to double hit, which is still a very large damage range.
ggg will likely tone them down a little next patch
http://www.twitch.tv/etup/c/5084612 etup getting hit for 6k
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 8, 2014, 10:56:23 PM
"
Nyraeus wrote:

I thought it was something Barrage related because they seemed rapid like that skill. Interesting. Thanks for the info. Is there a way to know which archer it is before they destroy my anus?

1. Tornado Shot archers have the Slow aura, Barrage + Cold Call ones don't.
2. Each has a different name. (Hand of Na'em / Servant of Haast)
3. Their skill pool. One uses Tornado Shot with LMP and regular shots that don't leave Cold Calls. The other leaves Cold Calls on hit and occassionally uses Barrage.
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
chimpanzee wrote:

1. Tornado Shot archers have the Slow aura, Barrage + Cold Call ones don't.
2. Each has a different name. (Hand of Na'em / Servant of Haast)
3. Their skill pool. One uses Tornado Shot with LMP and regular shots that don't leave Cold Calls. The other leaves Cold Calls on hit and occassionally uses Barrage.

Ah ok. The "Servant/Hand/Eyes/Feet of" things all kinda blurred together for me.
As for #3, I was looking for a way to identify them before getting attacked hopefully. So knowing they have a slow aura is just the thing.
Last edited by Nyraeus on Sep 9, 2014, 11:52:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info