GameSpot Presents Build of the Week Season 3 Episode 2: Dual-Curse "Pledge of Hands" Arc Build

Shit, if I had that stuff and belt, and 6l Cloak of Defiance I could build too. 90% of us can't afford that
"
Avenroth wrote:
Shit, if I had that stuff and belt, and 6l Cloak of Defiance I could build too. 90% of us can't afford that

It's a 5link, not 6.
IGN: Iworkeout
"
cutt wrote:
"
Avenroth wrote:

It's a 5link, not 6.

And the league just started. He just plays more.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I can't watch the video on gamespot. Could you please put it on youtube as well?
"
Yerond wrote:
oh look an other build that requires super expensive uniques with an incredible amount of sockets and links neither of which I will ever get (the items or the sockets/links)

"
Avenroth wrote:

Why is it people still can't understand the 5 links just makes it stronger than a 4 link. You can still play the build without the staff. You can still play the build without having a 6 link chest like he does, but would him using a 6 link make the build impossible to play without? NO

Stop expecting builds only to work when they have good gear.
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
It may work without but what happens if some mobs come to close combat? With mediocre gear, you probably can't kill them before they move. Maybe you cannot survive except you're doing one step at a time.

Equipment has a big impact on every build. But still, this one looks really interesting and fun.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Talks about a fresh economy while showcasing a build using a cubic arseload of the most expensive uniques and links, that's rich.

"
Rmpz wrote:

Why is it people still can't understand the 5 links just makes it stronger than a 4 link.

That's the point. They perfectly understand.
Last edited by Unhold on Sep 8, 2014, 4:49:07 PM
"
"
Skreeves wrote:
Stop using GameSpot.

Or atleast upload the Youtube Video at the same time and link to it too.
I assume monetary exchange is involved. In order for GameSpot to have exclusive, they pay Grinding Gear Games, similar to how advertisements works. After the agreement and/or contract expires, Grinding Gear Games releases the video on their YouTube channel. (Demonstrated by the Forsaken Masters (and other) exclusives hosted on non-Grinding-Gear-Games websites)

It's all assumptions on my part. I am not sure of the audience size and/or demographics of GameSpot. It could be that Grinding Gear Games pays GameSpot to advertise their game for X week(s). The point is: this is part of an agreement or else Grinding Gear Games would have just uploaded it on their own YouTube, like the rest of their videos.

No money changes hands in arrangements like this. Our relationship with sites like GameSpot is either:
a) We provide exclusive information (like patch announcements or Build of the Week) and they post it. We get traffic from them, they get traffic from us. This helps us expand and find new users.
or
b) We occasionally buy banner ad placements. They are obviously banner ads (or site reskins) and aren't articles or editorial content. I think there were some on PCGamer, Incgamers and Curse recently for the Forsaken Masters launch.

"
Xavderion wrote:
Does Chris even have a sleeping pattern? :D

I just set an alarm for 4am for stuff like this. Happens about once per week on average, it's no problem.

"
Darkfyre wrote:
I can't watch the video on gamespot. Could you please put it on youtube as well?

It'll be up in about 48 hours.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
nice budget endgame arc build

yes its budget you cant expect to play shrines with 2ex worth of gear so stop whining
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"

No money changes hands in arrangements like this. Our relationship with sites like GameSpot is either:
a) We provide exclusive information (like patch announcements or Build of the Week) and they post it. We get traffic from them, they get traffic from us. This helps us expand and find new users.
or
b) We occasionally buy banner ad placements. They are obviously banner ads (or site reskins) and aren't articles or editorial content. I think there were some on PCGamer, Incgamers and Curse recently for the Forsaken Masters launch.

"
Darkfyre wrote:

It'll be up in about 48 hours.

[Removed by Support]

Gamespot is infamous for being complete sellouts but your problem if you become the next target of 4chan for such carless postings.

This is clearly a business relationship that started in 2013.

Last edited by Support on Sep 8, 2014, 8:28:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info