Forced To Play Classes I Dont Like To Avoid Reflect

Too many baddies on this forum

Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 8, 2014, 3:34:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 8, 2014, 3:34:12 PM
I'm playing a crit bow too (currently using LG, tho, cause its the best bow I've found so far), with Hatred and both Herald auras. So, phys. & elem. reflect are both a problem.

You basically need to slow down, don't spam attacks like mad. For elem. reflect I switch added fire with life lech. Quality LL helps leeching faster. My default anti-elem. flask is ruby.

To counter phys. reflect I use this:

again replacing added fire with LL (cause its the only red socket in my setup).

For really insane reflect combos, like vulnerability + reflect, I need to take out phys. projectile gem and use two granites.

Jump into the pack, granite up, hit mobs which will trigger CWDT setup, then you'll have 1 - 2sec (more with quality gems) of IC period to spam attack.

It helps if you are a self-found player and your DPS sucks to begin with :D

E:
I use ARM/EVA hybrid defense with Ondars
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 8, 2014, 4:39:25 AM
Well, it's not only archers who suffer, trust me :)

As to a solution (besides instant leach) you can play a 'point black' archer, with good projectiles speed.
Most of the 'suicides by reflect' are caused when you shoot the group outside the screen with some kind of multishot and crit.

So i used hybrid gear (armour-evasion) had a decent hp pool, converted majority of my damage to elemental, and used single target DOTs against the reflect mob directly (ie. puncture+poison arrow' as a combo, works pretty well for most bosses as well)

I had no leach at all, in fact i used a 6L unique bow that prevents leaching, giving 100% pierce in return.

But in general, if you will use lightning arrow (50% phys as lightning) and low lvl unique quiver that will convert 40-50% of the rest of phys damage to fire, you'll only will need to be able to absorb the 17% of 10% of your total damage. Add here some armour (not much, let's say another 20% absorb) you'll be hit back by 1-1.3% of the damage you dealt, and again, you should single out the 'reflect' mobs.

And if you'll add here a vaal pack (or make the leach instant via unique) - no reflect will hurt you at all
"
"
My apologies if this is obvious, but have you tried Ondar's Guile to counter the archery reflect?

yes yes i have

also using cast when stunned/cast when damage taken immortal call

im not new... i 1 shot myself every now and then from a reflect pack.

ive tried so many things but its beginning to look like my only solution is traps.

if you how evasion works you would know its entropy based so i will always get hit from time to time.

using acrobatics, with ondars guile

does not solve reflect. if i crit i just fall dead. no time to react.

If you have 50%+ Evasion and Ondar's Guile then you can't be hit by projectile attacks (and the resulting reflect). Doesn't matter if the system is entropy based or not. 100% (50%+ doubled by Ondar's Guile) is 100%.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
If you have 50%+ Evasion and Ondar's Guile then you can't be hit by projectile attacks (and the resulting reflect). Doesn't matter if the system is entropy based or not. 100% (50%+ doubled by Ondar's Guile) is 100%.

It maxes out at 95%.

The evasion chance on your character screen is also your chance to be hit by an enemy of your level. They will have significantly lower accuracy than you. In order to get Ondar's to 95% against your own reflected damage, you're going to need ridiculous levels of evasion.

As for the OP, you said you want to be able to make a glass cannon guild. What's the problem? That's what you have. Glass cannons shatter on occasion. That's the point. If you don't want to die, don't build your characters out of glass.

I played a crit archer recently and had no trouble with reflect. I was running Ondar's with 40% dodge and very high evasion. I was also going to be running a high level Arctic Armour if I'd survived another couple of days. You just have to put some points into not dying. Crit still gives you good damage even when you spend points on staying alive.
Reflect needs to exist.

If it didn't, glass cannon builds would dominate every league as they would be the best way of leveling fast and staying alive with nothing being able to stay alive long enough to hit you. Glass cannon builds are already way better at bosses than tankier builds, so glass cannon is safer due to shorter encounters, encounters that usually involve big hitters. That is their advantage over tanky builds, tanky builds get the advantage of not dying to reflect. If you don't want to die, then make a build where not dying is the primary concern. Otherwise, deal with it.

How much leech you have doesn't matter since it caps out at 20%

Make sure you have enough evasion for Ondar's to work and it should be fine. (How much eva do you actually have?)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Septile wrote:
Reflect needs to exist.

If it didn't, glass cannon builds would dominate every league as they would be the best way of leveling fast and staying alive with nothing being able to stay alive long enough to hit you. Glass cannon builds are already way better at bosses than tankier builds, so glass cannon is safer due to shorter encounters, encounters that usually involve big hitters. That is their advantage over tanky builds, tanky builds get the advantage of not dying to reflect. If you don't want to die, then make a build where not dying is the primary concern. Otherwise, deal with it.

There are other ways to have mobs that deal with glass cannon players. Flicker strike mobs like the Beyond Mobs are one way to deal with glass cannon players. As is basically any mob with mobility on it. Reflect is an archaic hold over from Diablo 2; there's no reason to have it in the game anymore. The argument that it stops glass cannons is just nonsense, people just then save up enough to get Acuity Gloves and just hold RMB down regardless.
"
Septile wrote:
Reflect needs to exist.

that reasoning is so 2013...

now the rich just need to slap their god gloves on, while they laugh at the rest of the impoverished masses/temp leaguers who still have to struggle to deal with reflect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info