Plea to developers

I play your game since the very beginning (closed beta) and i positively love it.
In fact it's the only game i play, for several years now.

And again, i want to stress it - i love it, every aspect of it, keep the good work :)

But since the last major patch i have a serious FPS performance issue, and i managed to pinpoint the problem.
It's the charges animation, it totally f#cks my game up.
I don't ask for support, i'm not running windows, so i don't really expect any.
The hardware is very decent, and i do know how to configure my OS.

But if you could make a simple switch somewhere in config file to turn the visual part of it off (the way we can turn on and off the overhead health bars, for example) i, along with the other people playing this game under wine, would be eternally grateful. (i know at least dozen ppl with exact same problem, but again, unix community is not that big)

It took me some time to pinpoint what exactly causing FPS drops, and i can say it with 100% certainty it's the 'orbs' of the charges, the 'drops' are having place when you gain or lose the charge, and game is (at least it's my understanding) redrawing them around the toon.

The difference is dramatic - from 25-50 fps to literally zero.

So.. could you please make a way to turn the orbs off?

I can illustrate it.
2 screenshots, same toon, same map, same everything.
Look at the graphs. First one with no charges, second one - i turned blood rage on.
It's pretty self-explanatory

https://oper.ru/static/data/forum/6/20140908085136.png

https://oper.ru/static/data/forum/6/20140908085200.png

And again, thanks for a great game, i hope i'll be able to play it again soon.
For now i'm just avoiding toons and buffs/debuffs that depend/utilize any charges.

Last edited by behemothd on Sep 8, 2014, 1:54:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Lol wow. Mac really doesn't like those orbs. Insane.
Well, it's not exactly mac ;)))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3FO07bh9o

But true enough - i've seen exact same thing on the Mac as well.
I understand it's a wine deficiency, so i stress again - i'm not really expecting a fix.
I'll be completely happy with a way to just turn visualisation of the charges off, not even from the interface itself, but with some option in config file.
Last edited by behemothd on Sep 8, 2014, 1:35:26 AM
"
But since the last major patch i have a serious FPS performance issue, and i managed to pinpoint the problem.

Yes, i'm experiencing the same problem.
Windows 8.1 - exactly the same problem encountered
Interesting.

I am running a charge/conduit in rampage and I've noticed the FPS issue but could never attribute it to anything. Now I can't wait to get home and hit the good ole F1 key to compare results.

If this is indeed the cause I'm sure the whole community will offer you a "thank you"
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
You do realize though that these orbs are the newer, smaller lower impact versions?

They could add a toggle i guess but tbh there has to be a reason why there isn't one already, it's only been suggested since forever.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Well in fact the older version on 'orb' never caused any issues for me.
Today i had an opportunity to check on some other PC (and wine versions as well, i'm running 1.5 myself)
exactly the same thing....

I would love to have a way to turn them off, i mean - hell with interface, just a string in the config file would make me a very happy farmer ;)
Last edited by behemothd on Sep 9, 2014, 4:01:11 PM
This may be related to the "FPS Bug in 1.2" that Chris has mentioned in passing.
Maybe not exactly what he was thinking of, but it may share the same root cause.
Well, since today's patch game became totally unplayable for me.

The FPS is extremely low, regardless of the charges, auras etc.
If it won't be fixed i'll just quit, and take most of my guild and some friends with me to some other game.
For me it's not about the game itself, it's about the company i keep, the game serves as background.
At some point it was LA2, then WoW, but the company stays the same

Pity, i know, but since the last major patch the game performance went downhill, without any real visual improvements, i might add.

Too bad developers stopped caring, or so it seems. And too bad they pushing out people of my age (4x).
Any yeah, i don't have 'supporter' title, cause i just don't care. It's not like i have a lot of time to spend on forums.If and when i like the item or effect - i just buy it. It's not like i need a T-shits or mp3 soundtracks. I'd look pretty damn stupid in a T-shirt anyway.

I do remember the main reason i came in this game, and it was a simple one - i could kill time sitting in my office, the game ran perfectly on severely outdated system (as did WOW, btw) and i could use the same OS i need for actual work. Today i'm getting low fps with 680 GPU. Basically playing Diablo.

So i'll just buy some more premium tanks in WOT, wait about a month or so, and see if they will unfuck the engine. If they will i will come back, if not well, i'll find another time killer and drag my friends to it, as i did always.

Last edited by behemothd on Sep 11, 2014, 10:57:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info