Non Notable Bow Crit Nodes Feel..... Weak

All in All Bow critical chance nodes feel a little under the weather and could use some improvising.

16%?
15%?
10%?
(average non notable bow crit chance node)

just so low in comparison with

daggers avg crit chance node is

30%
20%

wand avg crit chance node is

30%(yes i know wand has a few but those few are alot stronger then more nodes wasted on bowmen and wands have a high base crit chance)

bowmen have to waste more nodes to get = crit chance to other classes.

Bowmen have 2 main Crit Notables.
Lethality and King of The Hill

the nodes before king of the hill
are tiny in comparison with wand critical chance/multiplier, the nodes before deadly precision, the nodes before adders touch, the nodes before night stalker...

wand users spend 3 points and get 90% crit chance and 30% multiplier (non big notable)

bowmen can only get
52% crit chance with 16% multiplier(in 3 non notables)

Wands also have a WAY higher base crit chance

Daggers have a WAY higher base crit chance

bowmen just feel like they are on the butt of crit chance nodes and their passives feel alot more useless in comparison with other class choices.

My suggestion is to add more small crit nodes around the bow tree such as around aspect of the eagle? instead of attack speed 3% useless nodes... crit chance should be added instead.

around king of the hill those nodes should be buffed up to 16% instead of 10%

the nodes around lethality should be 25% instead of 16%

WITH PURE FOCUS ON CRIT.
my bowmen is sitting on only 30% crit chance on a chinsol.

yes i know the 5% is low but many other classes and easily reach at least 50% crit chance

EITHER BUFF THE FLAT CRIT CHANCE ON BOWS TO MATCH WANDS OR BUFF BOWMEN NON NOTABLE CRIT CHANCE NODES TY
Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 7, 2014, 4:05:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
path of crit... imo they should nerf all crit, its just too much and the only way to scale dmg lategame
ign: ALLRAUDER
I think this is valid feedback given that you're comparing bows to daggers and wands, because the latter two weapons are trivial to cap crit with. HOWEVER, in my experience, getting 50%+ crit is easy with a bow, so bow noteable's are fine in my books.
Spoiler
I have zero added crit on gear, and I have a 55% chance to crit with power charges. Tree

Tangentially related, I would like to see a power charge with bow node. For example, 75 flat accuracy with bows per power charge. The accuracy number can be tooled with for balance.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Oct 8, 2014, 2:21:27 PM
The reason Dagger and Wand crit nodes (and weapons base crit chance) are better than bow nodes (and base crit chance) is simple: Bows have much better base damage.
What? I put on a 5% crit chance bow and 50%+ chance to crit.

I put on a 6.68% crit chance bow and 80%+ chance to crit.

Get better.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
bow coc builds are seriously hurting, a quill rain or windripper has close to the cps of a dagger, but with all the dagger and dual wield speed and crit nodes it's blown out of the water. i wouldn't mind if bow damage and bow crit chance were separate on the tree, make it a sacrifice to get both damage and crit, just let me build a decent bow coc build somehow.
I really hope this is some kind of troll thread. Considering all factors bow builds were pretty much the strongest builds in the current patch. Also your argument of not being able to reach a high crit chance with a 5% base makes me doubt your understanding of how to create a build. If at all crit bow should be nerfed
You sir are a troll.
Creating crit build on a 5% bow = getting 1800 increased crit chance to get to 95%. This is not an option.
On the other hand, a 12% wand only needs 700% increased crit chance to get to 95(96). Since it's easier to build Power Charges AND get inner force as a wander or daggerist than an archer, it really really is easier to get viable crit builds for them.

I've done three of them from scratch:

Harbinger COC, it was before the Windripper came in but, it's an expensive item so let's let it out for now. Had to GET power charges or inner force.

Dagger Spec Throw COC, insane damage and procs, however expensive to build skill point wise. Hard to keep power charges, inner force can be an option.

Wand COC, power charge-up skill stands at 75% to crit without charge, constantly capped in crit chance afterwards(takes 5 charges).

Th only advantage I saw when building the Bow COC is that you get synergy from "+ projectile speed" or "+projectile damage" node and mods, however, there are so fw on the skill tree that you can not really "build around it".
So you're comparing a 0% Increased Crit Chance bow to a top-tier rolled Wand.
I was answering the comment above which talked about 5% bows.
To answer you however, I've crafted(and alched) many wands over 11%, never got an harbinger over 8, let alone ANY other bow, who do not feature a Crit Chance implicit. This is basically almost a third MORE(not increased) base chance to crit.
High Rolls for High Rolls, wand wins.
Low rolls for Low rolls, wand wins.

As we speak COC, might as well mention that you can have MANY spell modifiers(incl spll crit) on wands and shield, which is not possible on bows and quivers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info