Map merveil way overtuned

Not impossible but I say nope fuckthat
Am I the only one that enjoys this fight? When I played HC exclusively, there is NO way I'd want to risk playing her. Now that I'm playing Rampage, I don't see the point in skipping her. I actually enjoy playing the new content and like the new game mechanics.

The main issue I see here are people playing in HC and SC players who are high levels, i.e. lvl 90. If you want to fight her, I'd suggest wearing uniques that aid against cold damage and/or using cold flasks to help beat her.

The game is meant to be a challenge, and I am happy with the challenge.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Am I the only one that enjoys this fight? When I played HC exclusively, there is NO way I'd want to risk playing her. Now that I'm playing Rampage, I don't see the point in skipping her. I actually enjoy playing the new content and like the new game mechanics.

The main issue I see here are people playing in HC and SC players who are high levels, i.e. lvl 90. If you want to fight her, I'd suggest wearing uniques that aid against cold damage and/or using cold flasks to help beat her.

The game is meant to be a challenge, and I am happy with the challenge.

I am closing in on 90 in SC, and its not really about the risk of dying against her in a non buffed state (several map mods make her unbeatable though), its more about time investment vs gain.
There is no gain. Skipping her is the most efficient thing to do, and thats just garbage.
Last edited by gh0un on Sep 8, 2014, 11:04:44 AM
Had a dual Mervail tonight. Partied with a 77 wiz friend to try and drop her.

First phase is someone easy to manage, although found it hard consistently damage her.

Second phase is when the fight goes full retard. Extremely challenging and fun, especially

when the two prevails spawn the two boss adds. I found the second phase a lot easier to

generate flask charges, and was in my opinion easier than the first phase. The amount of

geysers is really intimidating.

Overall I found this fight to be extremely challenging and a real test of skill and patience

as it took me around 15 minutes to complete the fight, with one other party member

(he couldn't stay alive though) I had 1 death (glad i wasn't on a beyond toon. Would skip if i was)

I think the full mods were dual boss, shock ground and +resist. Something like that.

"
threepercent wrote:
Had a dual Mervail tonight. Partied with a 77 wiz friend to try and drop her.

First phase is someone easy to manage, although found it hard consistently damage her.

Second phase is when the fight goes full retard. Extremely challenging and fun, especially

when the two prevails spawn the two boss adds. I found the second phase a lot easier to

generate flask charges, and was in my opinion easier than the first phase. The amount of

geysers is really intimidating.

Overall I found this fight to be extremely challenging and a real test of skill and patience

as it took me around 15 minutes to complete the fight, with one other party member

(he couldn't stay alive though) I had 1 death (glad i wasn't on a beyond toon. Would skip if i was)

I think the full mods were dual boss, shock ground and +resist. Something like that.

15 minutes? wow you seem to have alot of time..
"
Kagari wrote:
I have to agree. One more badly designed boss which is a ok encounter until you meet her in maps. The geysers hit area are super wide and she's kinda tanky also. Total clusterfuck of effects on top of it, making the fight not really readable.

One more boss i add to my sad skip list until i totally overgear her :-(

Overgeared her so long ago, yet still cannot do the boss... My only char that is able to do her has 250k dps so she just die before even doing anything.

If fight is longer then a 30 sec its over time to tp out. (Necropolis)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Just played a double boss necropolis.
Holy shit the amount of craziness on the screen.

I think her actual damage output is fine, but her clusterfuck of effects could be cut in half.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
The new Merveil fight is awesome, compared to the old snoozefest she used to be, at least now you have to actually move and be aware of what is going on. If you have problems with the geysers it's probably because you have low DPS.
"
The new Merveil fight is awesome, compared to the old snoozefest she used to be, at least now you have to actually move and be aware of what is going on. If you have problems with the geysers it's probably because you have low FPS.

Fixed that for you?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
The new Merveil fight is awesome, compared to the old snoozefest she used to be, at least now you have to actually move and be aware of what is going on. If you have problems with the geysers it's probably because you have low FPS.

Fixed that for you?

Peace,

-Boem-

Nope, kill her quick = less geysers. Science.

Peace,

-Papercut-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info