[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi Y0UR, Im running this build in Torment and I like it so far (lvl 58).

Now I have 2 questions:

1: we know that and as you said we need 108 INT. but I can't see where did you get those 108 from your gear...even taking the Int nodes I wouldnt get that number. Am I missing something?? maybe I did a mistake adding the Int points? xD

2: You said "Blink arrow is absolutely amazing." I think the same in my humble opinion. So I would like to know if it is better to change the Vaal Haste / Portal / Faster casting / Warlord's MArk configuration for any other that uses Blink Arrow. In this case, what configuration should I use? Blink arrow + Inc Duration + ??.

Thank you very much for this very nice and complete guide.
Good guide,

83 in Bloodlines and it's fun to play as a ranger in HC.

current build

But planning ahead, I'm getting stuck here:

future build

Which damage nodes would be the best? True Strike + Harrier above the evasion wheel, Master Fletcher below Profane Chemistry or finishing up crit above Assassination? I'll probably get all 3 and maybe some life/evasion if I feel that I'll need it.

final build

This would then be the final build with 1 spare point for a +30 int node if needed or 4% life.

Current gear:

Spoiler

Transition into Coil + Purity and Grace went fine, after picking up the Drillneck and pierce nodes the dps loss from double heralds + hatred to this was only 500 on TS.
Bow is bad, same for ring and amulet. I was first running 4% mana leech but the 2% is fine, have 49 unreserved mana which is enough for 2 shots and then leech, with a minor resist tweak (upgraded amulet + the low life 2-stone) I can get a Rat's nest for a nice dps boost. That should be enough to be carried into the 90+ levels after which it becomes a game of pray to Chris for a tyrannical or double tier 2 roll on a Harbringer.
For those wondering what to use with blink arrow.

The best set up for movement is blink arrow - faster attacks - faster projectiles.

Faster projectiles works the same way as it does with rain of arrows and is pretty much the same as reduced duration on lightning warp.
found this..is it worth crafting or should i sell
"
FatRhys wrote:
For those wondering what to use with blink arrow.

The best set up for movement is blink arrow - faster attacks - faster projectiles.

Faster projectiles works the same way as it does with rain of arrows and is pretty much the same as reduced duration on lightning warp.

I was thinking of doing a four link with vaal haste, inc duration, blink arrow, and faster attacks. Do you think faster projectiles would be better than faster attacks for blink arrow? Reduced duration is certainly much better for lightning warp then faster casting, and it seems to be a similar comparison here. Just wondering if you'd tested it, it seems that I can only get 1 if I want inc duration for vaal haste.

Also, what are people's favorite utility gem setup? I've been using split arrow+pierce, but was wondering if the tornado shot + GMP might spread more. The frenzy + GMP sounds interesting too.
IGN: IskyOfTheSea
Last edited by Isky on Dec 19, 2014, 11:29:19 AM
"
Isky wrote:

Also, what are people's favorite utility gem setup? I've been using split arrow+pierce, but was wondering if the tornado shot + GMP might spread more. The frenzy + GMP sounds interesting too.

Split Arrow is better with Chain. I was using it with Pierce as well, but after switching to Chain, I get much better power charge uptime (to the point that I respec'd to get Alira's extra one).
You write "Blink arrow is absolutely amazing." but why you dont use it ?
IGN: Vortilion
First of all thanks for this really helpfull guide.
And sorry for my english, not native.

I'm going from Shadow and can't decide what is better from the start. +30 Phys.Dmg or +12 Atk.Spd?
Just doing a respec of 81 points. ;)

I think that 120point build for Shadow can looks like this one?
Build
Sorry for my english.
Last edited by Intrpt on Dec 19, 2014, 3:33:52 PM
Hi, been testing mirror arrow in place of Puncture and having a lot of fun with it. Mirror Arrow is like a faster casting Decoy Totem that does a lot of damage. I support it with FA, Phy Proj Attack Damage, and LMP, its dps is only 1000 less than my tornado shot.

edit: I also duo curse with windscream boots. I use Assassin's Mark for the crits, and Poacher's Mark for the reduced evasion and mana on hit. The curses are linked to split arrow, chain, and curse on hit. Mirror arrow has so much utility, it works as a decoy, to aggo creatures from a distance, into doorways and around corner, it allows you to easily retreat and get in a couple of more shots before retreating.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Dec 19, 2014, 5:17:41 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Hi, been testing mirror arrow in place of Puncture and having a lot of fun with it. Mirror Arrow is like a faster casting Decoy Totem that does a lot of damage. I support it with FA, Phy Proj Attack Damage, and LMP, its dps is only 1000 less than my tornado shot.

edit: I also duo curse with windscream boots. I use Assassin's Mark for the crits, and Poacher's Mark for the reduced evasion and mana on hit. The curses are linked to split arrow, chain, and curse on hit. Mirror arrow has so much utility, it works as a decoy, to aggo creatures from a distance, into doorways and around corner, it allows you to easily retreat and get in a couple of more shots before retreating.

really interesting,could be a nice remplacement for puncture.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info