[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I would favor +Projectile Damage over +Increased Physical.
Of course it also depends on how much percent you get for those nodes. E.g. +3% Projectile will not trump out +15% Physical of course.

But if they are near identical (e.g. +8% Projectile vs. +10% Physical):
+Projectile Damage also benefits from Herald of Ice/Thunder, Anger and Wrath aura or flat elemental damage on gear.
Hello

Whats optimal stats for atziri normal run ? I have set and want try do it but i dont whant lose it.

Now i have 7,5k dps 3,4khp

MY gear
Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
Last edited by sielma on Dec 17, 2014, 5:18:16 AM
I have one question more.
I found nice boots and i what i dont know what should i do sell it or keep it. I could use them and change jewelry.

useing this
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
"
daish0 wrote:
I would favor +Projectile Damage over +Increased Physical.
Of course it also depends on how much percent you get for those nodes. E.g. +3% Projectile will not trump out +15% Physical of course.

But if they are near identical (e.g. +8% Projectile vs. +10% Physical):
+Projectile Damage also benefits from Herald of Ice/Thunder, Anger and Wrath aura or flat elemental damage on gear.

Exactly. That's actually the ONLY difference for this build.

Projectile and physical damage affect everything this build uses. To nearly the same degree.

I just tested it out using the calculator. On my standard character, I added 50%phys.damage and 50%proj.damage and tested out the differences.

It turns out that (in my case) projectile damage is around 7-9% better, depending on your bow.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Thank you for the guide!
"
obalan wrote:
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
obalan wrote:
Spoiler
I decided to try this build in the rampage league and I was very happy with it. It's without a doubt the strongest build I ever played, so I am very thankful for this guide! This ranger made it able for me to kill all different bosses in the game, including uber atziri and I could run all maps mod (except for phys reflect).

I updated my passive tree after the 1.3 patch and ran some maps/atziri to see if this ranger is as strong as it was pre-patch. I went down from 25k to 23k tornado shot dps and from 47k to 42k puncture dps (mainly because the nerf to Crit multi gem) and I hardly noticed any difference in kill/clear speed in maps.
Puncture still works great against bosses (still very powerful against exiles and atziri-trio). The bleed is, as expected, not as powerful as before but it still works great as a single target skill.
One advantage with the nerf to Crit mult gem is that phys reflect doesn't strike as hard as before, which i felt immediately when I encountered a pack with that mod.

TLDR: This build is just as awesome as it was before!

My gear and passives btw:

PS: OP, you may have forgot to remove the mana passives in your "112 points - extra 178% life, harrier, evasion, crit"-tree

legacy Maligaro's ;) very nice.. ever thought of divining these to the max roll?

Yeah I found those in my standard stash after my character was transferred from rampage to standard, didn't even know they had been nerfed. :P

Hmm no, I thought a legacy item would get the updated item mods when a divine is used on them. Is that not the case? :P

Ohh yes I think you are right. Better don't take my advice then ;D
"
"
IceMatrix wrote:
Here was my build essentially.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4fQSF2IuIj9iT9JpUqCypNLOkwcTB8MZ4x-jKUNZI2PTnUOkI64T8nR-JKfUrIS1dLeE2STeNRR1FMVUtW-luvXWheRWHiYqxnoGyMbWxuqm-eb_JwUnb3dwd313jrfVt9dX8CfyuDCYbOhxOHdowLjDaNfY2_kvOVBZrxm42cpJ2qoJ-kOaZXpuCsR6_rtUi18rl8wOPBM8pKyqnQgdN-1CPWiti92cbdDd2o5wrnVOd06NbssO2D73rxs_Pq-uv8xf6P_rr_3g==

If you play in hardcore i think you if you replace one of your Herald with Grace it will be tougher a bit.

No, I agreed with OP's logic. Grace was really not needed. It only added maybe a couple percentage points, but the dmg boost from the herald was way more helpful. I never missed the Grace. I won't be using Grace again this league.
"
I put the original tree and Ice tree in poebuilder, and thats the result:

Original:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40AXhmO7YMILtN-73oKm-cKeOv8xdaKfyt311b6oJ9v8jnUMfp29__eJP3nVFFHMHxeRZLz-uuNv896shkyAZsmelNh69QjBbXo1lLsgl4qW8LstMVsjGKsnao2PW1stUiJ03BSKgvz6nDVBiMWvx9BAx5h4iaVVUuMNkp945-HdmegTZIj9o193Q3BM4bOIXZbr6Q50IFH4iLiFSAs6b6nGbTK0-pidctHfr02ZU3-un11puB_AjKU2caVBcqpXWia8QiJr-s6Qkt43agwcQ==

Ice:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40AXhmO7YMILtN-73oKm-cKeOv8xdaKfyt311b6oJ9v8jnUMfp29__eJP3nVFFHMHxeRZLz-uuNv9QjBbVS7IJeKlvC7LTFbIxirJ2qNj1tbLVIcFIqC_PqBiMWvx9BAx5h4iaVVUuMNkp945-HdmegTZIj9o193Q3BM4bOIXZbr6Q50IFH4iLiFSAs6f66fXWm4H8CMpTZxpUFyqldaJrxCIk6Qkt43agwccpKUUysR31bKk2DCW-edweHE5ykwONLV_GzpldN4_6PNZK18m6qSsg_J9i9MZ6v6w==

Biggest Differences:

Original has much more Accuracyrating(60% vs 20%)
Ice got a bit more life/evasion/crit/multi

But i dont rly know if the Accuracy is or the other stats are more important.

Actually you left some out of my build, I actually took the 3 points near the top of the build to get to Depth Perception. so that adds 32% Accuracy Rating, and 40% Crit Chance. However the builds you have compared are 1.2 verse 1.3. In 1.3 I will be following OP into the Duelist tree. In addition the comparison isn't really fair cause the build you gave to me had 6 extra skill points placed. I am going to try and get to the Scion Wheel this time though...just have to see what I need and will repost the HC variant I decide on when I get to level 90 or so. I think OP's update on the front page gives a hardcore variant that is basically what I plan on doing.
Last edited by IceMatrix on Dec 17, 2014, 8:37:20 AM
"
I'm updating the guide right now!

Chances so far:
-Reworked the passive skillmap section!
-Added new leveling order of passives
-Added different example builds
-Added 213% life hardcore variation

Thanks for the updates, I look forward to your review of blink arrow. I'm leveling it in the alt bow right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info