[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

How you guys plan to Do Atziri Runs with no more puncture?
"
Namcap wrote:
Yep I feel the same way. TS is still a beast, but puncture took a huge hit. Went from 15.1k to 12.3k on puncture, which isnt so bad, but now with 60% bleed compared to 144%... I just don't see the point anymore. Sure it hits hard and is useful in certain situations. But you have to have line of sight (meaning no mobs between you and boss) and need to make sure you crit to make it worthwhile (so 2-3shots required on average). 99% of the time, you'll do more by just continuing to spam TS on everything without caring where the unique is in the pack. I am thinking of switching my puncture 4L to a utility one, like split arrow, pierce, curse on hit, assassin's mark. Would make cursing entire packs very easy.

Once I reach level 90 I might try the new bleeding keystone, but it's a lot of point investments for 20% increased damage that I'm not sure how it will stack with everything else.

Yea I think I try to spec into these new nodes aswell to see if it's any worth. I'm sitting at 27k puncture dps and it's still mediocre.
A utility skill is a really good idea. I was thinking about that too but was too lazy to try it so far.

"
MacNJesus wrote:
Just wondering, would it be better to replace the Crit Multiplier gem with a Crit Chance gem seeing as the multi got nerfed and the chance got buffed?

No, crit multi is fine imo. You lose ~200% but it's still enough to do a lot of damage. And you don't really need any crit multi on gear actually.
for those who say puncture isnt good enought anymore do you think mirror arrow could be an interesting skill to use?im wondering if a 6link mirror arrow could provide a good dmg but im not sure how it work atm.with what i saw,it use the same skill then you but how much dmg it does compared to ur skill,no idea.wondering if your crit chance also apply to those clone...

some have tested it yet?

Any verdict yet on how this build is performing after the "nerf"? Only asking because if it's not worth it anymore, I'll start searching for a new build, but just wanted opinions.....
So. I Respekt my Ranger with the skilltree and with ts is all Fine. I cleared with lvl 78 Yellow 74 75 and One Blue 76 Map with the Same clearspeed as bevor without problems.
The only annoying thing is puncture.
Bevor Patch i shot Torture Boss and wait till it dies. But now puncture dont work anymore. The bleeding isnt high enough.

I try frenzy but dont have a lvl20 one. So i cant compare.

all in all for normal maps its a still verry good funny build but some bosses are now more challenging and how i could do atziri without puncture i have no idea.

Perhaps never can say something about it, if the lvl of his new chars are high enough.

make my daylis with this build an have all at 7 elron and zana next 2 days 8. And it works great.

in new leage i try a templar and in compare to this build its anoying. But i havent a templar till now and give him a try.
"
Mentoya wrote:
Any verdict yet on how this build is performing after the "nerf"? Only asking because if it's not worth it anymore, I'll start searching for a new build, but just wanted opinions.....

The build is still great! I highly recommend it even after the crit multi nerf. The one thing which is not as good anymore is puncture. It needs more testing with different nodes etc if it's still a viable option for single targets.
okay thanks!
So instead of Puncture, any way to make a good use of Poison arrow? Or maybe barrage? I've always liked barrage :P I'm pretty certain Poison arrow would need some help from the tree, and extra skill levels... so that's probably out of the question. But what do you people think of barrage? That can be a fun single target.

I used to use it on an old ranger, and it seemed right about the same as frenzy for my single target. This was an old RoA build. Thoughts? Possibly Ice shot?
Hey There,

I think Added Fire Damage (with Tornado Shot) is better instead of Faster Attacks, i have 2k DPS more with added fire.

Whats your opinion?
Hi guys,

I apologize for not answering any questions during the last 2 days.
I was busy leveling a new ranger and farming maps.

After 48 hours (with ~12-20 hours of breaks), I've reached level 78 with my new ranger (Torment) and can say the following things.

0) At the current point I'm running level 75 maps consistently

1) The build still works and clears damn well
2) I'm going to update the guide over the next 3 days and add more and more info later
3) I'll answer the questions in the thread tomorrow.

Will also start streaming again over the next days.

If anyone is curious, my current gear (this is by no means anything final, just the current state):

"

Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Dec 14, 2014, 9:35:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info