[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Whoa I didn't even realize how important this would be. Truly a must-have against physical reflect. It's still pretty dangerous as you have only 1-2 seconds to kill the reflect mob, but at least it's not an insta-death anymore.

@dan166, the base duration of IC is 0.25 seconds, which is all you get with CWDT+IC.
Last edited by The_pie_is_gewd on Dec 6, 2014, 11:57:20 AM
"
dan166 wrote:
"
SybDarret wrote:
Today i killed Atziri for the first time. Thanks :D

My stats:
Spoiler
Lvl: 83
HP: 3877
Puncture: about 25k dps
Tornado Shot: about 12-13k dps
It was my second attempt, the first was at lvl 77 but failed with Atziri on low hp

congratz. im just curious. can you post your gear pls ? would like to compare

Ok here is it:
Spoiler
I used Rumi's and ruby flask against Atziri, i died only one time against her (dies 3 times against the Vaals, dumb deaths xD). The bow was crafted by myself, the rings i got them long ago, the amulet cost me 13c (i'm selling it now, got a better one) and the armour + drillneck are the only expensive stuff. Also, my movement speed is increased by 56% and here is my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4fQSF2IuIj9iT9JpUqCypNKlss6TBxMHwxnjH6MpQ1kjY9OdQ6QjrhPydH4kp9SshLeE2STeNRR1LsVUtW-luvXWhh4mKsZ6BsjG1sbqpv8nBSdvd313jrfXV_An8rgl6Gzod2jAuMNo19jb-QCpUFmvGbjZ2qoJ-kOaZXpuCv67TFtUi18rl8wTPC7Mqp0IHTftQj1orYvdnG3Q3dqOcK51TssO2D73ryRfPq_MX-Cv6P_rr_3g==
Last edited by SybDarret on Dec 6, 2014, 12:15:15 PM
@The_pie_is_grewd: change phys projectile attack damage for added fire damage. This way your overall damage will be more balanced between physical and elemental. And you have (or should have) 75 fire res. As an archer, it is much easier to resist to elemental reflect than to physical reflect because we have little means to reduce incoming physical damage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Dec 6, 2014, 12:18:54 PM
"
@The_pie_is_grewd: change phys projectile attack damage for added fire damage. This way your overall damage will be more balanced between physical and elemental. And you have (or should have) 75 fire res. As an archer, it is much easier to resist to elemental reflect than to physical reflect because we have little means to reduce incoming physical damage.

To be honest, I disagree:

1) The actual DPS is higher with PPAD
2) Hatred/HoA scales of PPAD
3) Elemental damage is very risky. There are several ways to amplify/reduce resistances (think high level maps).
4) Most importantly CWDT won't save you
5) You have lower leech, because it doesn't scale off ele damage.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"

3) Elemental damage is very risky. There are several ways to amplify/reduce resistances (think high level maps).

EDIT: what the hell? I just tripple posted o.O
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Dec 6, 2014, 12:48:15 PM
"

EDIT: what the hell? I just tripple posted o.O
Last edited by NeverSink on Dec 6, 2014, 12:48:22 PM
1) true
2) true
3) then what about point 2? ;) And even with ele weakness you shouldn't be reduced to 0 or negative res. We have however around 0 armor (63 in my case). So we virtually always mitigate more elemental damages than physical. In addition, from what I understand, The_pie_is_grewed gets one shot to phys reflect so 4) doesn't help him either. Until he sensibly raises his life, he must reduce his physical damage.
4) see above, and there's enough physical damage left to trigger IC if needed (but it won't help against ele damage as you said)
5) true. However he can also use life gained on hit support gem which, from my experience (LA/GMP/Pierce, SA/Chain, and a little bit of GMP/Tornado) makes elemental reflect a non issue. This will reduce his damage further however.

Nice triple post btw ;)
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Just got my first Atziri kill as well, on my 2nd attempt. Died a few times in the split phase because of missing a puncture that always seemed to hit the reflect one... ah well. Still, very happy! Thank you very much for the guide :)

Spoiler

Gear isn't too fancy (no 6L or Drillneck), although I do have a legacy Maligaro's, and the belt was a gift from a friend.

TS: 11207
Puncture: 17586
Life: 3.7k
Level: 85
Given your spec, you did well imho. And did you get the fancy flask :p?

I did my third run today, the first one without death. It was a very close call however as I was trapped in a double FB when Atziri died from puncture.

1st run: one death on flameblast. All flasks were dried empty.
2nd run: one death vs trio, 5 vs split phase reflect. I didn't noticed I chose the wrong target because every time there was also a spell hitting at the very same time of my one shot reflect.

Flask dropped on all runs :o.
I've been using Infractem/Drillneck and relying on the Revelry cluster for mana. It's been annoying me a fair lately but it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a good Harbinger bow now that Revelry appears to be tucked even deeper into the Duelist tree. 7 points as opposed to 4, if the poe.builder tree is right.

Anyway, thanks for the guide. I respecced a 47 Shadow I had lying around, reused some old items and started to get him geared and leveled. It has been a lot of fun, essentially what I always wanted my failed archers to be more like.

Spoiler

Last edited by butteryone on Dec 7, 2014, 9:02:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info