[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi,
Just wanna thanks for the build, I'm having so much fun. I read thoroughly, and I know my gems sux ass, but can someone just look over my gears and tree and advise to optimize my build. Much obliged :).

Gears
Spoiler

Tree

With Auras : Dps 8K Tornado Shot
Dps 12K Puncture

I need link my bow, but i'm po'.
Thanks, Andy
"
RGVsUrTexas wrote:
Hi,
Just wanna thanks for the build, I'm having so much fun. I read thoroughly, and I know my gems sux ass, but can someone just look over my gears and tree and advise to optimize my build. Much obliged :).

Gears
Spoiler

Tree

Dps 12K Puncture

Thanks, Andy

i dont understand. u have a 6l chest and great bow but your dps is so low. Im doing double your dps in both TS and punc with similar gems. I think it's cuz you are using pierce?
Thanks for reply, can you post your gems and gears. I cant figure it out.
"
RGVsUrTexas wrote:
Hi,

Gears
Spoiler

Tree

Dps 12K Puncture

Thanks, Andy

The biggest trouble are your gems... they are slightly off

1) Use a CWDT+Immortal call+Enduring cry cluster (+duration, if you can get the colors)
2) Get a drillneck if you use pierce (also use quality pierce!).
3) Get quality on your gems. Especially pierce+faster attacks+crit damage. The quality on these gems provides a lot of DPS
4) I find HoA+HoI much more stronger than HoA+EleProlif.
5) Reroll your chest armor. Your armor provides very low defenses. Just using Alts+Regals+Mastercrafting you can easilly get better results
6) Use a manual cast/faster casting assassins mark (you can link it with Portal and Vaal Haste and/or Faster casting). It's seriously better than any other curse in most situation.

Once you have a drillneck get the 30% pierce cluster (using the shorter way).

These few optimizations alone should provide a few thousands DPS.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Dec 3, 2014, 11:29:20 AM
"

wow, really?
overkill dmg by %, especially if you're doing high overkill dmg by criticals, is absolutely insane. and it stacks with DoT dmg, burning dmg, fire dmg, AND elemental dmg. i've tried supported HoI (inc aoe, conc effect) as elemental based dmg and got upwards of it was like 500-900 or something when things shatter. that was powerful, but 900 dmg is nothing compared to tens of thousands.

now, this does depend on a few things. #1 if you use hatred (without three dragons) then you will shatter things which makes proliferated corpses a bit more rare. they can still happen, if you kill something next to a mob, what you killed will shatter but it will still ignite a mob which will burn to death and proliferate.

the point is, herald of ice has a set dmg while herald of ash basically doesn't. there is no contest which does more dmg, but it does depend on your setup.
This build works on the HC league?
"
RGVsUrTexas wrote:
Hi,

Gears
Spoiler

Tree

Dps 12K Puncture

Thanks, Andy

Looking at your gear and skill tree, it seems you have A LOT of crit chance, but comparatively little crit multi. Some more crit multi might boost your dps a lot.
Guys, you are the best, thanks!! I have homework...
Hello,
Thanks again for the build !
I have started to craft a harbinger bow and I got this (after 2-3 alterations).
Is it worth regaling it or should I start again ?
"
xMustard wrote:
"

wow, really?
overkill dmg by %, especially if you're doing high overkill dmg by criticals, is absolutely insane. and it stacks with DoT dmg, burning dmg, fire dmg, AND elemental dmg. i've tried supported HoI (inc aoe, conc effect) as elemental based dmg and got upwards of it was like 500-900 or something when things shatter. that was powerful, but 900 dmg is nothing compared to tens of thousands.

now, this does depend on a few things. #1 if you use hatred (without three dragons) then you will shatter things which makes proliferated corpses a bit more rare. they can still happen, if you kill something next to a mob, what you killed will shatter but it will still ignite a mob which will burn to death and proliferate.

the point is, herald of ice has a set dmg while herald of ash basically doesn't. there is no contest which does more dmg, but it does depend on your setup.

The overkill damage is pretty good with puncture. With tornado shot only the killing arrow counts (you often hit the same target with 4+ arrows).

At the same time TS+GMP+Pierce provides with insane ground coverage. The remaining mobs are either:
1) Already affected by HoI without Ele prolif
2) Or are shattered anyway...
3) Likely dead or would die with a single additional shot.

And to be honest I don't like leaving things alive and moving past them, it's a bad and potentially dangerous habit.

I could go on and on. In the end it's a choice thing. But I much prefere the extra security from the massive freeze boost and the extra damage from HoI.

"
This build works on the HC league?

Yes. However, (this should be obvious in HC) this is not a Braindead-AFK build.

"
Hello,
Thanks again for the build !
I have started to craft a harbinger bow and I got this (after 2-3 alterations).
Is it worth regaling it or should I start again ?

Start over, only regal if:

1) Tyrranical (150%+ damage (single mod, dont augment, too rare a opportunity to pass and hope for a 3-mod)
2) 130%+ damage + crit/cricmult/ias
3) Flaring + crit/critmult/ias
4) Emperors + crit/critmult/ias
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Dec 3, 2014, 6:47:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info