[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Tyraelmx wrote:
hey guys i've been following this guide, but i have a question :

actually my torando shot does 43k tooltip dps. but i've found out its just not viable for atziri in his split phases because of the mirror/ reflect dmg that one shots myself.

so i looked a bit further in this guide and saw Blast rain !

quite cool so far this skill <3

but he said: We recieved the new hybrid leech nodes in 2.1 which allows us to turn blast rain into a 100%phystoele attack like LA.

How do i do this and where are those nodes?

i'm asking because i leveled BR to level 17ish i think and it still does only 18k tooltip dps. TS does 43k as a reminder.

He said: it will outdamage everything. but how ?

i actually don't see any point in this. but i need to have a secondary setup to concentrate my damage in atziris split phase...

thanks in advance

Tooltip dps means very little. You cannot compare 1k tornado shot with 1k of any other skill really. It is all about clear speed. Physical to Lightning makes sure you can make BR into 100% elemental damage. Also you cannot compare 1k elemental dmg with 1k physical or chaos damage. Different setup is different :)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blast_Rain
BR does 4 explosions per attack. So it is not really 18k. Just like tornado shot is not really 43k since it also spreads into to several projectiles.

If you are not using Kaom's Heart you got plenty of room for both Tornado Shot and Blast Rain :)

The leech wheel near duelist (which you should be near if you are playing a phys bow build) leeches of damage and not just physical damage.

"
Casia wrote:
Had a windripper drop for me.

current bow is pretty meh. actually already was a 1.5a/s +110 lit thicket.. with mediocre phys.

What are the key touching points for the windripper build?
I assume,just drop the phsy bow nodes, grab the +elem damage ones, and focus on fast attack/elem?
ts, wed, gmp, fa, added cold/lit instead of ptl and ppad.

not sure if he is saying haste or anger is best.. but obvs hatred replaced.

"
"cons" leech is a problem

Is that a legacy from before leech nodes were changed to attack damage, not phsy attack?

something like this?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAx4FLQYjCC4Kmw2ND6sRLxGBFHUWvxeWGYoZjh9BIXYj0yP2JIsknST9JpUqCysKMHEwfDH6Nj03TDnUOkI-z0MxRA1Hfkp9S3hM_02STipRR1RHVUtVhVb6Whpbr13yYeJiWmKsY6dlTWyMb_JwUnTtdct293jreu99dX8rhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jZKNv49glwabjZ2qoJ-hpKR4pcumvqfUt7a74702vea-p8HVwzPDOsSix53IzMjw037UI9rB3UbdqN7432_h2-Of5wrnVOmY6mLrY-2D7g7veu-P9z38xf66_sj_3g==

Hey mate. I would suggest you read an actual windripper guide (not this one). Passive tree is slightly wrong, gem setup is not optimal, you should neither use anger or haste. Wrath and herald of lightning is the usual choice.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Mar 26, 2016, 3:38:23 PM
Thanks !
Maybe it's asked before, but i can't find it somehow.
In the Aura Setup Section for the Hatred+Grace Aura Part i can not get how you still have enough Mana to Cast a Single Attack with this Setup.
I have the Charisma Cluster, Alpha's Howl and the conqueror's efficiency jewel but end up with 18 mana left, and lightning arrow or blast rain both cost more then 18 mana. So how do i get this setup to work ?
"
sansimilia wrote:
In the Aura Setup Section for the Hatred+Grace Aura Part i can not get how you still have enough Mana to Cast a Single Attack with this Setup.
I have the Charisma Cluster, Alpha's Howl and the conqueror's efficiency jewel but end up with 18 mana left, and lightning arrow or blast rain both cost more then 18 mana. So how do i get this setup to work ?

https://poe.mikelat.com/#

You should have 22% of your base mana as non-reserved. My guess is that you are linking your auras with a gem that makes their multiplier go up or you are also using a herald.

In either case drop herald or drop gems that make the multiplier go up.

Also drop conqueror's efficiency jewel for a real jewel since it is not needed.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Mar 27, 2016, 7:42:21 AM
For those who've played both this build and Mathil's Voltaxic build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1550827

Which one would you say is the most effective?

Thanks
"
Gorrath wrote:
For those who've played both this build and Mathil's Voltaxic build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1550827

Which one would you say is the most effective?

Thanks

I find Voltaxic setups boring but they are superior in every single way. They are safer, deals chaos pure chaos damage, easy to gear and so on.
As a fairly new player this guide gave me alot of information on individual aspects of a ranger build, but I'm just not seeing how all these pieces of the puzzle fit together quite yet. It starts with the skill tree.

I'm using the defensive version because I'm playing hardcore and I'm inexperienced. The tree does make sense and I get the logic behind it, however in practice it just feels like my character is starting to fall off too hard in terms of damage to just keep this path on the tree going.

So the first question is, how do I keep my damage relevant enough to be able to keep speccing points into this defensive tree setup? I'm currently using:

- Tornado Shot + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Faster Attacks

- Assassin's mark

- Hatred

- Artic Armour

- Frenzy (just to get frenzy charges)

- Blink Arrow

Should I replace Hatred with Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assassin's mark and get Blood Rage ASAP, then replace Frenzy with Puncture? (since the guide says Puncture goes well as a secondary for TS) If yes, what support gems should I link Puncture to? Or is there a better setup to use in combination with the defensive tree that I'm not seeing? (for leveling at least)

Another question is about the gameplay. The way I see it now I'll end up with 5 active skills: TS + secondary attack + Blood Rage + Enduring Cry and Blink Arrow. Plus the occassional summoning of the Ice Golem. And this is assuming that Assassin's Mark is linked to Curse on Hit + Herald and doesn't need to be casted manually. Is that really how it's supposed to work or am I getting it wrong?

Is the secondary attack even mandatory? Why does the guide sometimes refer to it as a utility shot, but in the example it's linked to damage enhancing support gems and it seems more like a setup to cover both single target and AoE?

I'm just going to stop now because I've probably embarrassed myself enough for today. If someone can give some insight into this stuff I'd really appreciate it, sorry for the noob questions.
"
Zølthar wrote:
As a fairly new player this guide gave me alot of information on individual aspects of a ranger build, but I'm just not seeing how all these pieces of the puzzle fit together quite yet. It starts with the skill tree.

I'm using the defensive version because I'm playing hardcore and I'm inexperienced. The tree does make sense and I get the logic behind it, however in practice it just feels like my character is starting to fall off too hard in terms of damage to just keep this path on the tree going.

"
The more I play, the more I wish I went more defensively, I find it more fun too. I had the same damage slump, but then upgraded my jewels and 300+ dps Harbinger (4L) for about a chaos each.

So the first question is, how do I keep my damage relevant enough to be able to keep speccing points into this defensive tree setup? I'm currently using:

- Tornado Shot + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Faster Attacks

"
Use GMP instead, play with WED or PTL instead of FA gems, may help.

- Assassin's mark

- Hatred

- Artic Armour

"
Herald of Ash would be great damage instead of AA, but use AA when you need to.

- Frenzy (just to get frenzy charges)

"
I used to use it too, but Blood Rage is just easier to build frenzy.

- Blink Arrow

Should I replace Hatred with Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assassin's mark and get Blood Rage ASAP, then replace Frenzy with Puncture? (since the guide says Puncture goes well as a secondary for TS) If yes, what support gems should I link Puncture to? Or is there a better setup to use in combination with the defensive tree that I'm not seeing? (for leveling at least)

"
The puncture trap setup in the guide is great for burst dmg, COH I stopped using since it's so hard to trigger the curse when using any Heralds (will only proc on the secondary damage from the aura). I use AM manually only when I need it.

Another question is about the gameplay. The way I see it now I'll end up with 5 active skills: TS + secondary attack + Blood Rage + Enduring Cry and Blink Arrow. Plus the occassional summoning of the Ice Golem. And this is assuming that Assassin's Mark is linked to Curse on Hit + Herald and doesn't need to be casted manually. Is that really how it's supposed to work or am I getting it wrong?

"
I dropped Enduring cry once I got Daresso's Defiance (can be bought for 1c and then craft the slots and links). Ice Golem I linked to CWDT and Immortal Call to make it passive. Definitely use Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace, but if you had to pick only one, go with Vaal haste.

Is the secondary attack even mandatory? Why does the guide sometimes refer to it as a utility shot, but in the example it's linked to damage enhancing support gems and it seems more like a setup to cover both single target and AoE?

"
For TS, Puncture trap is nice to have, but not req. I use it once in a while, especially for Vagan.

I'm just going to stop now because I've probably embarrassed myself enough for today. If someone can give some insight into this stuff I'd really appreciate it, sorry for the noob questions.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
sansimilia wrote:

https://poe.mikelat.com/#

You should have 22% of your base mana as non-reserved. My guess is that you are linking your auras with a gem that makes their multiplier go up or you are also using a herald.

In either case drop herald or drop gems that make the multiplier go up.

Also drop conqueror's efficiency jewel for a real jewel since it is not needed.

Oh you're right, it was the empower gem, because in the guide it says auras with empower 3/4, but it has a 125% mana multiplier, i only have a level 2 empower but i guess it doesn't change the multiplier on level 3 or 4, when i take the gem off there is way more mana left to use. thx
Ty for the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info