[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Neurik wrote:
What ascendancy subclass would this build be most suited to? I imagine all of them can work well but my initial reaction was leaning toward the Raider or maybe the Pathfinder for a hardcore version.

Depends on your goal.

Raider is great for map clear speed. You gain Onslaught and if you go for darkray vector (+1 frenzy vaal) you can have 10 frenzy charges each giving 7% movement speed. So Raider is great for clearing a lot of maps fast.

Pathfinder is for ultimate utility. Really strong with the right flask setup. For if all flasks remove bleeding effects you can roll your life flasks for other effects instead, which then again frees up another spot.

Also movement speed while under the effect of a flask is also great for map clearing. Also the 10% chance to gain flask charge on crit on unique flasks is insane. Flask effect combined with druidic rites and "the Retch" as your belt can make this setup great!

Deadeye really only brings more damage. A lot of damage. This is a path that brings back pierce as a strong support gem (pierce also gives 30% more projectile multiplier in ascendancy - at least it did yesterday at ZiggyD's alpha stream) since 100% pierce gives you 100% crit chance as well. Drillneck will also become the preferred quiver for this setup. Also Tornado shot with 1 additional arrow open up for LMP instead of GMP with +1 additional arrow on quiver as well.

Everything works well with the build. You can't really go wrong. It is up to you and what you want to achieve.

Want to min - max damage? Go for Deadeye. Want utility, super strong flasks and clear speed? Go for pathfinder. Want to take movement speed and clear speed to the next level? Go for Raider.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 26, 2016, 2:56:43 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Neurik wrote:
What ascendancy subclass would this build be most suited to? I imagine all of them can work well but my initial reaction was leaning toward the Raider or maybe the Pathfinder for a hardcore version.

Want to min - max damage? Go for Deadeye. Want utility, super strong flasks and clear speed? Go for pathfinder. Want to take movement speed and clear speed to the next level? Go for Raider.

Perfect summary thanks, since I am mainly looking for speed runs on this character at this point I will most likely go Raider which was where I was sort of leaning.

Thanks!!
"
Neurik wrote:

Perfect summary thanks, since I am mainly looking for speed runs on this character at this point I will most likely go Raider which was where I was sort of leaning.

Thanks!!

Then you might want to look into a Scion, because her Raider passive may be better in certain situations and can be combined with another class passive like Berserker to get leech with volatxic if you ever want to do it.
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
Neurik wrote:

Thanks!!

Then you might want to look into a Scion, because her Raider passive may be better in certain situations and can be combined with another class passive like Berserker to get leech with volatxic if you ever want to do it.

Scion is only viable if you want to play really safe with a 6k+ lifepool. Which is great to play, but nothing he's aiming for. For a speedfarmer ranger as raider is perfectly fine and a lot stronger than any scion-options.
Last edited by basta1982 on Feb 26, 2016, 4:07:38 PM
"
basta1982 wrote:
Scion is only viable if you want to play really safe with a 6k+ lifepool. Which is great to play, but nothing he's aiming for. For a speedfarmer ranger as raider is perfectly fine and a lot stronger than any scion-options.

I see how Raider may be appealing to some. So what a combination of Avatar of the Slaughter and Rapid assault gives? Lets see.

Onslaught will be permanent on packs and most bosses with summons, so its a 20% additional movement speed. With the main selling point of the prestige - additional frenzy charge - an average ranger will have a 7 frenzy charges and that is another 14% movement speed. Even with Atziri's Step its going to be a lot of movement speed, not even talking about Darkray Vectors.

On top of it there is 15% Increased attack speed by default. Another 20% from Onslaught. 21% increased attack speed on full frenzy charges adds to a whooping 56% increased attack speed (not even counting the 28% increased attacks speed from Frenzy Charges themselves). Thats really helpful a Harbinger Bow users (but an overkill for a budget Lioneye).

All in all it should feel great playing it if you can sustain such a high attack speed which should not be that hard.

I have a different angle so Id still chose an assassin or deadeye or scion.
Great build. Maybe litle slow in start but its nice later. Using it from start of Talisman league. Hope for update on new Ascendency patch.

I would like your help of boosting my HP pool. Im currently on 3.7k hp. TS gote me on 40k dps mixed elemental and phy damage with Tabula 6L with HoI,Hatred,blood rage and 7 frenzy. Ill post my equ and passive tree here. I am 86 lvl, caped elemental ress, chaos -60. midtire maps are no problem for clearing to me exept some bosses that kill me in 1 shot.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BiMILgiJCpsNjRa_GY4ajRutIXYj9iT9JpUwcTB8MgEylDY9N9Q51DpCPs9DMUp9S3hM_02STipRR1T-VUtVhVoaWyZbr11oYeJirGegbIxtbG_ydO11_Xjreu97FH11fwJ_K3_7hG-Gzod2jDaNfY1-jb-QCpS4lQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfoaSly6bgp9SyGbVIu-O95sEzwUnDM8SiyNzKqc96037UI9RC2cbawd2o4dvjn-cK51TndOjW6xTtP-2D73r5Y_zF_h3-uv7I_94=
"
djolodjolo026 wrote:
Great build. Maybe litle slow in start but its nice later. Using it from start of Talisman league. Hope for update on new Ascendency patch.

I would like your help of boosting my HP pool. Im currently on 3.7k hp. TS gote me on 40k dps mixed elemental and phy damage with Tabula 6L with HoI,Hatred,blood rage and 7 frenzy. Ill post my equ and passive tree here. I am 86 lvl, caped elemental ress, chaos -60. midtire maps are no problem for clearing to me exept some bosses that kill me in 1 shot.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4FLQW1BiMILgiJCpsNjRa_GY4ajRutIXYj9iT9JpUwcTB8MgEylDY9N9Q51DpCPs9DMUp9S3hM_02STipRR1T-VUtVhVoaWyZbr11oYeJirGegbIxtbG_ydO11_Xjreu97FH11fwJ_K3_7hG-Gzod2jDaNfY1-jb-QCpS4lQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfoaSly6bgp9SyGbVIu-O95sEzwUnDM8SiyNzKqc96037UI9RC2cbawd2o4dvjn-cK51TndOjW6xTtP-2D73r5Y_zF_h3-uv7I_94=

Respecc:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rqjivzFu-Mj9g2NxKJNko19W6-HdqfUMHyQCk4qIXbjn_7IfytRR0z_hs5KfaGkOdQ31I2_lQXnVEMxwTPh23b37T8FtdQj2cYIiST92sGNfsMzBiMx-ujWMHEylJrx_9507be2Whp7FKCfmybrFOd03ah_Al1oBS11yzIBbWxLeKbgyql67-pivqeyGTY9tUg6QmVNz3qdqlWF1EK9NmHrbIyly4RvR356U2Ksdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUiPTj2A=

Throw out Tabula asap. Get boots with movement speed.
After that focus on replacing your rings (keep ventors if you like the rarity. Do not keep it for the resistance) and belt.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 27, 2016, 9:44:07 AM
@Frank
I have to say , I dont know how many times i keep looking at your tree and mine to see what is wrong with mine... with just a 2 point difference. I keep forgetting that I primarily went for that to get a little bit of speed and EV boost with QoTF.
But obviously I cant really max out dps by doing that. Poison gem got fucked so puncture trap with poison would need investment in 2-3 poison/dot nodes for that to be an effective nuke..
I hope the deadeye nodes to make up for dps loss would be sufficient.

I am trying to understand purely by dps which would give more +1 chain vs +1 arrow.
is +1 chain same as echo? like the one we get from the shrine
or is it like adding a chain gem support to the skill.

Domine Non Es Dignus
Nope, echo repeats skill. +1 chain is just like the support gem, except it's +1 instead of +2.
Personally, I don't like much any of them. With +1 arrow, aiming with a single target skill can be sketchy, and with +1 chain, you also lose some control on your single target, for example it could chain on a ripy reflect monster nearby (like atziri clone :s). Blast Rain solves both of these issues though.
If I went with Deadeye, I guess I'd chose Endless Munitions however, because this node has more utility (the added accuracy must not be underestimated). The last two points would be for Sharp and Venomous, to help on long fights, but powerful precision match well too, especially if the pierce gem is buffed (I've heard so).

edit: on paper, +1 chain provides more hits:
LA/GMP/Chain setup with +1 proj: 6*2*3 = 36 hits at most
LA/GMP/Chain setup with +1 chain: 5*3*3 = 45 hits at most
Split chain with +1 proj: 7*2 = 14 hits
Split chain with +1 chain: 6*3 = 18 hits
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 27, 2016, 3:53:30 PM
"
but powerful precision match well too, especially if the pierce gem is buffed (I've heard so).

It have more damage modifier now in addition to what it had before. Opens a possibility to go full pierce with drillneck for addition of 100% increased crit chance and 100% increased damage. Like endless munitions with 100% pierce.

For Lightning Arrow one chain might be better because it may be enough to skip the chain gem completely (goodbye 31% less damage modifier).

It is confirmed that we could relocate the points for 5 regrets each, we can play with the build all we want now. Even more, we can change prestige classes so one can start as a Raider and then become a Deadeye to farm Atziri. Yay

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info