[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I was on Etup's stream and Goratha uses WED instead of physical projectile gem, is this the optimal way? or is he doing a noob mistake ?
"
Yeah, have fun with it man. Hope you get lucky like I did, GL! :)

Like 30alts 1 scour and 2 regals later...

god I am so happy rolling this on my self found char, having about no currency at all :DD
"
banes312 wrote:
I was on Etup's stream and Goratha uses WED instead of physical projectile gem, is this the optimal way? or is he doing a noob mistake ?

I believe that's a mistake.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
banes312 wrote:

He is probably scared of reflect because he died to a phys reflect mob from a box with this build before.
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
banes312 wrote:

He is probably scared of reflect because he died to a phys reflect mob from a box with this build before.

Should I run WED as well then? I don't want to die LOL
"
banes312 wrote:
"
dEus__ wrote:
"
banes312 wrote:

Should I run WED as well then? I don't want to die LOL

TBH i wouldn't. I don't like gimping myself. If you play carefully and with your eyes open reflect shoudn't be that much of a problem. I had some close calls but that was because I didn't pay attention or played with one hand. I had no Ondars and only 3,5k life.
But you can test WED of course. And there is also an advantage of using a red socket. You could always switch to a life gain on hit gem for hard maps.
Last edited by dEus__ on Sep 26, 2014, 6:46:21 PM
"
KaXXoR wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
KaXXoR wrote:
Hi, very nice build !
One question though : since puncture is all about physical damage and big initial hit for the bleed, what about culling strike as a 5th-6th link ?

Culling Strike doesnt add much damage. It isnt worth using.

I have puncture + phys proj + crit damage + pierce (drillneck user).
And after that, beside more crit with add accuracy (quality) or inc crit strike, the only gem can add physical damage is culling strike. I m also not considering added fire since it's not physical, neither faster attack.
It s still 22% inc phys damage at level 20 and add the culling strike effect (plus you get 10% attack speed with q20%). Is it really not worth it ? -__-

If you're not using added fire and Crit Multi gem, you're doing it completely and utterly wrong.

Considering this build is all about physical damage, having a gem like added fire that grants you such a huge bonus BASED ON PHYSICAL DAMAGE, it's one of the biggest damage increases available.

Culling strike is shit. End of discussion.
"
ressiv wrote:
"
what do you mean? as in scour your bow then start from scratch? Don't destroy something that you're actually using as that can only end in heartache. I would however recommend buying a new ilvl77+ white harbinger for a few chaos, pref with a high implicit already so you wouldn't have to bless it, then start crafting it. Also dont forget to 6socket and link it first before you start crafting. GL

No no gonna keep my current one ofc :)
The problem is actually all the crafting, 6 socket, 5L, alt/regal until you get a roll and Divine for the last mods.
Pretty expensive for me :P
Will it be worth it to go for as I dont have a lot of currency...

Do you need to just have 1 mod on the blue before Regal or could I also go with Alt for flat phys and crit + regal + elreon lvl 8 mod = 2mods left instead of 3?

My bow is worth around 30 Exalts on Rampage. I made it myself. It's surprisingly affordable with masters now. You just need to understand how the Prefix and Suffix system work.

"
TBH i wouldn't. I don't like gimping myself. If you play carefully and with your eyes open reflect shoudn't be that much of a problem. I had some close calls but that was because I didn't pay attention or played with one hand. I had no Ondars and only 3,5k life.
But you can test WED of course. And there is also an advantage of using a red socket. You could always switch to a life gain on hit gem for hard maps.

I spoke to Goratha and he says that with the Heralds you do more dps with WED. He's tested it over phys proj
Last edited by banes312 on Sep 26, 2014, 9:56:39 PM
"
dEus__ wrote:

does anyone know if its worth to craft this bow any further? if yes then yolo regal or yolo aug?

yolo regal it. GL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info