[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

It's an option, you trade physical damage for higher elemental damage, but ele damage are more easily resisted. It's also easier to manage reflect with this combo. That's what I'm using.

And you can do even more damage with physical to lightning and WED. But then physical damage becomes really low and leech may be an issue.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Hi, excellent build, im using it and i have few Q...

1. Why do you use puncture ? :D im using just tornado shot and killing everything with it, i have 19k dps on it and im just killing bosses from close...78maps easily too..4khp and maxed resists etc...

2. What skill should i use on 5-6L for life leech/life gain on hit, i dont want change colors on tornado shot...so i want second skill for effective life leech..

thanks
"
Jakub19911 wrote:
Guys i need advice, what should i improve next time?

My gear:

tahnsk for any advice

If you've got the currency, get a 6L chest piece.
If not, maybe try and find some diamond rings with ele damage to weapons, or flat phys.
"
Heatv wrote:

1. Why do you use puncture ? :D im using just tornado shot and killing everything with it, i have 19k dps on it and im just killing bosses from close...78maps easily too..4khp and maxed resists etc...

2. What skill should i use on 5-6L for life leech/life gain on hit, i dont want change colors on tornado shot...so i want second skill for effective life leech..

thanks

1. Puncture was nerfed, so not as usefull anymore. You're fine just using TS, allthough Puncture could still work on fast moving targets using hit-and-run tactics.

2. Depends. For getting life on large groups of enemies you're probably better of with life gain on hit linked to a skill that hits as many mobs as possible. e.g. Split Arrow-GMP-Chain or TS-GMP. Since LGOH doesn't depens on damage, it can even work in a 3 or 4-link setup.
For single target use life leech with high damage skill such as TS or Frenzy with as many damage increasing support gems as possible. If you're using Vaal Pact chances are Life leech on a good 5 or 6L TS setup will work better than Life Gain on Hit.

-edit- If you're going for the LGOH option, try Frenzy-GMP-Chain-PCoC-LGOH. Gives you instand life plus Power, and Frenzy charges.

Another option would be to spec into Vaal Pact, and replace one of your gems from your current TS setup with Life Leech. Only do so however when you're already doing a lot of damage, otherwise your clearspeed will drop significantly.
Last edited by Fritso on Jun 7, 2015, 8:22:24 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Heatv wrote:

thanks

1. Puncture was nerfed, so not as usefull anymore. You're fine just using TS, allthough Puncture could still work on fast moving targets using hit-and-run tactics.

2. Depends. For getting life on large groups of enemies you're probably better of with life gain on hit linked to a skill that hits as many mobs as possible. e.g. Split Arrow-GMP-Chain or TS-GMP. Since LGOH doesn't depens on damage, it can even work in a 3 or 4-link setup.
For single target use life leech with high damage skill such as TS or Frenzy with as many damage increasing support gems as possible. If you're using Vaal Pact chances are Life leech on a good 5 or 6L TS setup will work better than Life Gain on Hit.

-edit- If you're going for the LGOH option, try Frenzy-GMP-Chain-PCoC-LGOH. Gives you instand life plus Power, and Frenzy charges.

Another option would be to spec into Vaal Pact, and replace one of your gems from your current TS setup with Life Leech. Only do so however when you're already doing a lot of damage, otherwise your clearspeed will drop significantly.

Well, i wont respec, so im going to try LA with LGOH and some other supp gems :D i like that skill, well i dont have any problems in maps 78+-, but i cant do phy reflect, otherwise no problem, just want something with good lifeleech, puncture nerfed, maybe ill try frenzy again with life leech if i can get 6l bow
Hello all,

I'd like to try this build. I logged in the other day for the first time in roughly a year and a half so I have a ranger with 103 unused passive tree points and the following gear:

Spoiler

Do I need different boots? Hows the rest of my gear? I used to run this build with purity of elements so without it now my resists aren't all capped :/ (theyre not bad though, 53/76/60)

I'd love to run some maps with others using the build to learn about strat, pm me or msg me in game (ign: Propeller_Hat).
You have 1 free slot on each of your rings. Maybe you can craft some res here. You should also try to change your belt for another one (heavy base too, for the needed str) where you can craft a 3rd res.

Your chest/boot combo is not fully used in this build but it will be more useful in 2.0 where frenzy charges get buffed.
On puncture, I'd use increase critical strike instead of pierce for more reliable crit, which are highly needed to get the best of puncture.
Replace flicker strike by smoke mine or blink arrow. Both are useful.

If you don't use puncture much, you can try frenzy, lmp or gmp, pierce or chain, pcoc. And use Assassin's Mark / Faster casting to cast the curse manually (which is almost as fast as through CoH). Or just frenzy, gmp, pcoc, coh, assassin's mark, but you'll much less monsters with this combo.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jun 7, 2015, 4:27:45 PM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Prevote wrote:
Prevote here again.

Unbuffed DPS: 8,925
BUFFED1 DPS: 14, 160

What am I able to purchase to up DPS without going overboard with prices, etc?

Considering that I got this bow for a reasonable price, it's certainly better than lioneye's glare :).

Thanks!

Switch out the Faster Attack and Increased Crit gems for WED and Phys-to-Lightning. That should give you a nice dps boost. More so than just tooltip because of the schock from PtL. It worked wonders for me.

Also, get Diamond rings. They have 30% increased Crit Chance. Try to also get Elemental Damage to weapons, and flat phys on them.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Do you mind if I add you in game? I have questions to ask and would love it if we were able to converse about this build :)

With that said, changing to WED and Phys to Lightning gave me extra dps. I switched to a lightning coil though :)

What's your IGN?

I switched my Belly of the Beast for a Lightning Coil, since I'm over-capped with lightning resists, but I do know I'm going to need diamond rings, so I'll deal with it later.

Is there anything else?

Would people send me links for poe.trades on which items to bring?

Thank you so much!
Thanks for this amazing guide! Been trying the build out the last days and I'm planing on using it when the expansion comes.

Have you tried the build out on beta and/or are you planing on updating the build once 2.0.0 hits?

Best regards
MaLarsson

EDIT: Just ignore my message, read that you will be updating for 2.0.0, should have read all the post before posting. My bad!
Last edited by MaLarsson on Jun 7, 2015, 9:31:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info