[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Rumpelzuck wrote:
@indirect: i would recolour the chest, GGGGRB, R: increased Fire, Weapon Ele Damage or Life Leech or LGOH in Reflect Maps, B: Crit Damage or Phys2Lightning for PhysReflect Maps
G: Tornado, GMP, PPAD, Pierce. Don't use faster attack because of going oom. The Glare is already very fast.

I like Panini's 2nd tree link more, because it's more like my own tree :) It also give some more INT.
Adapt it to your needs. Resis capped? (don't mind -60 Chaos) Enough Attributes? Use +30 INT or Strenght if you need them until you get better Gear.

For Aura/Herald you need high level reduced mana and hatred. No Quali needed on them. For HOA Quali is nice but not essential.

Ok, this is what I'm looking at now. I don't have any oom problems and I'm clearing plateaus with ease now.

Now to work on being able to do shrines ez pz :D

Last edited by indirect on Apr 28, 2015, 4:14:42 PM
"
indirect wrote:
"
Rumpelzuck wrote:
@indirect: i would recolour the chest, GGGGRB, R: increased Fire, Weapon Ele Damage or Life Leech or LGOH in Reflect Maps, B: Crit Damage or Phys2Lightning for PhysReflect Maps
G: Tornado, GMP, PPAD, Pierce. Don't use faster attack because of going oom. The Glare is already very fast.

I like Panini's 2nd tree link more, because it's more like my own tree :) It also give some more INT.
Adapt it to your needs. Resis capped? (don't mind -60 Chaos) Enough Attributes? Use +30 INT or Strenght if you need them until you get better Gear.

For Aura/Herald you need high level reduced mana and hatred. No Quali needed on them. For HOA Quali is nice but not essential.

Ok, this is what I'm looking at now. I don't have any oom problems and I'm clearing plateaus with ease now.

Spoiler

That's how I'm gemmed now...

and for build... well I just went with FP
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYi4iP2JP0mlSoLLOkwcTB8MgEylDY9OdQ6Qkd-R-JKfUt4TZJRR1VLVvpbr11oYeJirGVNZ6BsjG1sb_JwUnXLd9d4638CfyuGzod2jDaNfY2_lQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfpDmm4Kc0shm1SL02vqfAnMEzyqnK083qz3rQgdN-1CPWitnG3Q3dqOOE45_nCudU53To1upi6xTtg-968-r8xf_e

Hey,

That tree looks a lot better than the first one! Nice update.

One thing I would recommend is to get yourself another bow. Mainly for 2 reasons:
1. You are speccing crit in the tree, but your bow only has a 5% base crit chance.
2. Your bow has the 'hits can't be evaded' property, which means you will be unable to evade reflect damage, which is a big issue for a bow build doing a lot of damage.

Try to get a Harbinger or Decimation (preferably Harbinger because of the higher attack speed) with around or over 300pdps, and >8% (preferably >8.5%) crit chance. Not only will that greatly boost your survivability against reflect, but you'll actually deal more damage because of the higher crit chance.

Hope this was of help. Cheers.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
indirect wrote:
"
Rumpelzuck wrote:

Spoiler

That's how I'm gemmed now...

and for build... well I just went with FP
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYi4iP2JP0mlSoLLOkwcTB8MgEylDY9OdQ6Qkd-R-JKfUt4TZJRR1VLVvpbr11oYeJirGVNZ6BsjG1sb_JwUnXLd9d4638CfyuGzod2jDaNfY2_lQWa8Zsmm42dqqCfpDmm4Kc0shm1SL02vqfAnMEzyqnK083qz3rQgdN-1CPWitnG3Q3dqOOE45_nCudU53To1upi6xTtg-968-r8xf_e

Hey,

One thing I would recommend is to get yourself another bow. Mainly for 2 reasons:
1. You are speccing crit in the tree, but your bow only has a 5% base crit chance.
2. Your bow has the 'hits can't be evaded' property, which means you will be unable to evade reflect damage, which is a big issue for a bow build doing a lot of damage.

Try to get a Harbinger or Decimation (preferably Harbinger because of the higher attack speed) with around or over 300pdps, and >8% (preferably >8.5%) crit chance. Not only will that greatly boost your survivability against reflect, but you'll actually deal more damage because of the higher crit chance.

Thanks for the input. I definitely want a Harbinger, but I want to craft it. Since I've just spent about 80ex on this build I'll need to farm on my farmer for a bit before a new bow, I was hoping I could just chance across a decent Harb to craft on or start with once I hit 76s, but we'll see.
"
Fritso wrote:
Hey,

1. this is not much of a problem. LG is a very good bow for a crit build thanks to its 100% hit chance. See the topic I made on this subject, listed at the end of the ranger build list. Indirect's LG is a high roll. A 300 pdps harbinger won't give him more damage.
2. but yes, because of 100% chance to hit, reflect is harder to manage. Long duration immortal call, Lightning coil, instant life refill (lgoh or vaal pact) helps to mitigate this.

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Apr 28, 2015, 5:11:19 PM
"
"
Fritso wrote:
Hey,

1. this is not much of a problem. LG is a very good bow for a crit build thanks to its 100% hit chance. See the topic I made on this subject, listed at the end of the ranger build list. Indirect's LG is a high roll. A 300 pdps harbinger won't give him more damage.
2. but yes, because of 100% chance to hit, reflect is harder to manage. Long duration immortal call, Lightning coil, instant life refill (lgoh or vaal pact) helps to mitigate this.

Would you say with LG Ondar's is pointless until I get a Harbinger?
Ondar is only 1 pt and still protect you against all monster projectiles. Take it.
However you will need some extra protection for reflect. Easy way is to just recolor your bow to ggggrr for TS, gmp, faster attack, ppad, added fire, logh. This means you need to remove ml support as said before. Either get your ml from a ring / amulet or from Mind Drinker.
But if you have the funds, by all means go for a harbinger, but aim for at least 330 pdps to get a sensible damage boost. And the whole reflect issue will be much simpler to sort of (but it can still be dangerous).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Ondars is useless for mitigating reflect damage from Glare shots but not for other attacks against you. I would use it anyway. Acrobatics is useful for mitigating normal attack damage and reflect.
At higher (Damage) levels i switched AssMark for WarlordsMark and with proper aiming the tornado shots you can do reflect maps also with Glare.
Hi! Thanks for guide!

This is my passive tree -

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYj9iT9JT8mlSoLKk0s6TBxMHwx-jIBMpQ2PTnUOkI_J0rIS3hNklFHUUxVS1b6W69daF5FYeJlTWegbIxtbG_ycFJw1XXLdvd313jrfVt9dX8CfyuGzonTjDaNfY2_kvOVBZrxmyabjZ2qoJ-m4KvSrEeyGbVIvTa-p8EzyqnK0896037UI9aK2cbajd0N3ajnCudU53To1upi6xTtg-968-r66_zF_rr_3g==

And there are my gear (I wan't to buy Drillneck, or leave this?) -
Spoiler

Can you give me any recommendations? Also will be this gear enough for atziri kill? (sorry for my english)

And about drillneck - will drillneck give 100% phys with infractem?
Last edited by overdrag on Apr 28, 2015, 6:05:58 PM
"
Ondar is only 1 pt and still protect you against all monster projectiles. Take it.
However you will need some extra protection for reflect. Easy way is to just recolor your bow to ggggrr for TS, gmp, faster attack, ppad, added fire, logh. This means you need to remove ml support as said before. Either get your ml from a ring / amulet or from Mind Drinker.
But if you have the funds, by all means go for a harbinger, but aim for at least 330 pdps to get a sensible damage boost. And the whole reflect issue will be much simpler to sort of (but it can still be dangerous).

Ml already out its
now its not 6l tho
@overdrag:
it seems to me you're a little low on life :) only 112% increased life in tree? And very little life on gear because of many uniques without life?
You have to be very good and skillfull in avoiding damage in Atziris Map or you will be slaughtered.

Since Infractem has 100% pierce chance, Drillneck will get you 100% increased projectile damage.
Last edited by Rumpelzuck on Apr 28, 2015, 6:14:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info