[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Great in-depth guide neversink! Anyway, how much accuracy rating or chance to hit should we aim for?
"
Bonehead2009 wrote:

What is ʺIncreased accuracy ratingʺ My guess is accuracy from the talent tree + gear right?

Increased critical strike chance (not weapon) is that my crit chance on my character sheet or from https://poebuilder.com?

You're wrong.

"Increased Accuracy rating" is a percentage increase to flat accuracy. It's given by some nodes and items. Example -

"Increased Critical Strike Chance" is a percentage increase to your base critical chance (weapon's property). It's increased by nodes, items, some gems and power charges.

Example -

I mean, if your weapon has 8% base critical strike chance and you've got a 75% increase, you'll have 14% chance to deal a critical.

And i suggest you to learn some of PoE's base mechanics before asking such lame questions. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com may help you.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Loving the build, though with all the saying about survivability before all I wonder why you skipped "survivalist" cluster.

+48% eva
+14% all res
+1% MAX cold res

or is tri res so easy to get?
"
twibs wrote:
Loving the build, though with all the saying about survivability before all I wonder why you skipped "survivalist" cluster.

+48% eva
+14% all res
+1% MAX cold res

Yeah, resists are easy to get, generally.
% life increase is your FIRST defensive priority on the tree.

Survivalist is not that bad if you're going to use Queen on the Forest. But i'd skipped it otherwise.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
motorz wrote:
Hi ,
I've a problem with reflect mobs phy*. how can i survive without Atziri's acuity ?

ps. I HATE REFLECT :(

Reflect is pretty random (despite entropy and all that). However, when it hits you, you usuall take quite a chunk of damage.

1) Have a pool of 3500+ HP to soak through the damage
2) Have a instantflask ready and use jade flasks to improve your chances
3) Use atziri's promise to take mobs down faster and leech yourself back
4) Use a 1-2 CWDT clusters with Enduring Cry/Immortal call/Increased duration. Run two clusters if needed
5) Have at least 45% evasion, ondals guide, acrobatics and phase acrobatics
6) Don't use lionseye
7) Don't try to bring your accuracy into insane levels.

...basically I just repeated, what Mortal said.

Also I don't think that you need insane life leech, it's not about "outleeching" yourself, it's about avoiding the damage alltogether. I'm running 78 reflect maps with 4% life leech.

"

+48% eva
+14% all res
+1% MAX cold res

It's not easy to get, but I wouldnt skip %life for the node.

"
Great in-depth guide neversink! Anyway, how much accuracy rating or chance to hit should we aim for?

1500-2000 will give you 87-90 chance to hit in 78 maps. Anything higher doesn't scale nicely and just increases the chances of killing yourself with reflect damage (you have to evade YOUR super accurate arrows)

"
First of all I want to thank you for an imba guide one of the most detailed I have stumbled across.

I can’t figure all the stats in your Excel calculator (or at least I get nowhere close to what my dps is) and I am properly just a noob, but could you try to add notes to the cells? (Maybe where to find them guess I can find most stats either from character sheet or https://poebuilder.com right?)

Some examples:

What is ʺIncreased accuracy ratingʺ My guess is accuracy from the talent tree + gear right?

Increased critical strike chance (not weapon) is that my crit chance on my character sheet or from https://poebuilder.com?

Think that a lot of questions regarding gear will get answered if people just use your spreadsheet.

Updated the spreadsheet with comments (hover over the stat names).
MortalKombat is right about the stat explanations.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 23, 2014, 10:05:58 AM
"

Also I don't think that you need insane life leech, it's not about "outleeching" yourself, it's about avoiding the damage alltogether. I'm running 78 reflect maps with 4% life leech.

Well, since my DPS is pretty crap yet, i just dont feel comfortable with low % leech. I have 8% ATM

BTW, another tooltip against reflect - swap GMP with LMP if you dont have high leech (more per-hit damage means more leech, while hitting multiple times means nothing for life leech, if it isnt instant). You may even swap Increased Critical Damage with PCoC or Increased Critical Strikes, as hitting yourself with critical strike is what may oner-shot you, if your per-hit/critical damages are high enough. You may want to make some calculations for that, because at 88+ levels even 0.1% chance to oneshot yourself om hit, applied to whole reflect map, means you wont get experience from it, on average (due to sudden death :).
Another tip - dont shoot at huge packs, hitting many-many reflecting enemies simultaneously can "oneshot" you too. Keeping CWDT at level 1 and keeping 20% quality on IC will help there, but still, at high level better dont try your luck, as sudden death taken too high toll.

Written above usually applies to players with HIGH DPS, something around 15k+ for TS.

Also, YOUR, what do you think about Vaal Pact? We got only 1% life regeneration, and getting Vaal Pact itself costs just 2 points (one of which is not-so-useless +10 str). With pretty high life leech (10%, for example) and high DPS (good gear), i bet Vaal Pact will make wonders...

There is no knowledge
That is not power
can you please take a look on my stuff and tell me how i can improve it?
3ex is my budgets for now.

Spoiler

"
abo3lian wrote:
can you please take a look on my stuff and tell me how i can improve it?
3ex is my budgets for now.

Spoiler

You know, i dont want to be rude, but read this:

"
your wrote:

One more thing:

I'm receiving over 10 PM's a day asking me: "take a look at all my gear + tree, tell me what to upgrade".

I'm not going to answer that type of question anymore sorry. A single item for discussion - sure, but I'm not optimizing whole builds. I want people to learn to think for themselves and I'm afraid I can't give you the perfect answer without getting a feeling for your character anyway.

So here are the steps you can take:

1) Read the guide. There is an equipment section

2) Use the calculator I designed to help you solve DPS questions. Yes it takes a while to enter your data, but it can help you a lot.

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMo41lL5xtdExseluc8yIkhd5Yw7u1mruoUSI6y8xxk/edit?usp=sharing

3) If you have a question for a single item, I'll gladly discuss and try to answer it.

I apologize, if I'm being a bit rude here.

Excuse me again, if my words are too harsh, but asking "take a look at my gear and tell me how i can improve it" for me sonds like "i am a lazy moron, so others must make all the job for me". Sorry, that wont happen. Nobody is going to make everything for you, that takes too much time. That is NOT what guide is for.
Guide is made to show you, how to build your character. It shows you certain goals - 3500+ life, capped resists, etc. It is up to you how you reach those. Sure, there are common ways to do some of them (for example, most decide to use Rat's Nest helm), but even then, you can use another helm if you want (or just have a nice one, i.e. a nice rare).
Even passive tree is NOT fixed in stone. You may change some points according to your needs/playstyle. Just ensure, that you make a fair trade (i.e. losing 25% life while gaining 10% damage isnt a fair trade).
Also i should remind you - prices for rares may VARY GREATLY. You may get a decent rare for 3 chaos, and another guy - for 23 chaos. Only uniques (and some "standartized" rares aka "3-res+life", etc.) can be estimated properly due to large quantity of them. I personally spend a LOT of time to find a rare i want for good price, and often without success.
So, learn to use your own brains, guys. That's what makes you superior to animals. Guide mayy shove you a path, but it's up to you to walk it.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Another option for reducing the risk of physical reflect is to swap out your Tornado Shot with Lightning Arrow or Ice Shot. I find this is a pretty simple solution that allows me to continue with relatively high DPS and not have to bother with using Grace, chugging flasks, etc. I'll note that this is probably a better solution for low to mid level end game gear. Real god tier gear might still have too much damage even when converting some of it to elemental. But, that's why Acuity gloves exist.
How can I get more dps ? I am stuck at 10k dps and I saw people that have 20k+ dps without drillneck. How can I upgrade myself to 20k dps ?

-I have a 330 pdps bow
-%50 crit chance
-%300+ crit multi
-5L tornado (tornado-phys proj.-faster att.-added fire-gmp)

This is my jewellery

Spoiler

Need your help-thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info