[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Okanitu wrote:

Chance to hit is 88%
Evasion is 13099

I'm now using Atziri's Acuity, reflect is still hurtful. Looking at where I can afford to put more life leech into my gear.

Subbed in a lower level CODT but Im noticing that immortal call lasts a mere fraction of a second, I dont think Im ever getting the endurance charges. What might be going wrong?

And yes I realize these gloves may be overkill, but I had a legacy koams from before I quit and I figured the gloves would solve my issues. Alas.

Chance to hit in character tab is a mere approximation. I asked for your accuracy rating actually.

Keep CWDT to proc at around 1/4 life lost, no more. And get it quality, as i said.

And get more leech. Try Carnage Heart, or a rare amulet with 6% leech, for example.

With 13099 evasion you can be almost reflect-immune, if you'll have 720 accuracy (or less). Here is the formula:

Chance to Evade = 2 * ( 1 - Attacker's Accuracy / ( Attacker's Accuracy + (Defender's Evasion / 4) ^ 0.8 ) )

(it's against projectiles only, because of Ondar's Guile)

0.95 is the cap for chance to evade. With it, you wont notice reflect at all. Do note - this chance also counts as "less chance to get critical hit" it attack still hits. The odds you receive a crit reflected there are 1:400 (and that's even without acrobatics).

However, keeping accuracy so low is very bad for DPS, and i MEAN IT. Getting more evasion would be quite a task, i assume. You may try grace+hatred, but that means DPS loss from heralds...

so i believe getting ~10% leech is the best way to do.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 19, 2014, 11:35:41 PM
Well, that isn't a solution to his problem, now is it? May as well just advise to use auto attack on reflect. :P

What you really need to deal with reflect is straight up life leech - either augment your setup and use the Life Leech support gem, or get a Death Rush like I did.

My Accuracy rating is 1628 (Avg chance to hit is 85%)
My Evasion is 11609 (49% evade chance/46% attack dodge/44%spell dodge)

I strongly advise against a carnage heart if you can avoid it. 300 hp is a lot for this build. There are other ways to get the life leech you need. Mine totals 9% from passive (Blood Drinker) and these:

And for insurance, get at least one of these for a reflect pack:

and if you are in a reflect map, load up your:

This coveres both versions of reflect and it makes no difference what your crit/evasion/acc is.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 20, 2014, 2:21:48 AM
Pretty sure someone asked this before, but I dont want to read every single thread page sorry *_*. So is this build Beyond/HC viable?
I see that ZiggyD plays it on beyond but his build is differently as you mentioned... Has anyone here tried to make this exact build in Beyond League?

And why is there no Heavy Draw anymore in the finished tree 113 points version?
Last edited by korzasa on Sep 20, 2014, 4:49:20 AM
want to start this build, which masters to inv my hideout?
Hi, I'll give a in-depth answer to questions by tommorow (I'm in a train, quoting anything is very annoying atm.). Just a small update:

1) I'm finally done with my paper I've been working on last weeks. That means I'll be back to PoE by tommorow
2) I'm working on a slightly changed build and a "3rd version" of the guide. The new version will have a slightly different skilltree and also include 1-2 calculators to make things easier.
3) I'm also considering a windripper variation. It's different in the skillbuild, but has a very similar item setup. First tests with some changes I tried out were very promissing. I have 3 builds in mind.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 20, 2014, 7:40:53 AM
i play this build in beyond and am lvl 85 now, so it is viable! no drillneck yet but my dps are ok

Tornado shot around 6k dps
puncture nearly 14k
"
wollox1 wrote:
i play this build in beyond and am lvl 85 now, so it is viable! no drillneck yet but my dps are ok

Tornado shot around 6k dps
puncture nearly 14k

May I add you for questions etc? :D
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Okanitu wrote:

Chance to hit is 88%
Evasion is 13099

I'm now using Atziri's Acuity, reflect is still hurtful. Looking at where I can afford to put more life leech into my gear.

Subbed in a lower level CODT but Im noticing that immortal call lasts a mere fraction of a second, I dont think Im ever getting the endurance charges. What might be going wrong?

And yes I realize these gloves may be overkill, but I had a legacy koams from before I quit and I figured the gloves would solve my issues. Alas.

Chance to hit in character tab is a mere approximation. I asked for your accuracy rating actually.

Keep CWDT to proc at around 1/4 life lost, no more. And get it quality, as i said.

And get more leech. Try Carnage Heart, or a rare amulet with 6% leech, for example.

With 13099 evasion you can be almost reflect-immune, if you'll have 720 accuracy (or less). Here is the formula:

Chance to Evade = 2 * ( 1 - Attacker's Accuracy / ( Attacker's Accuracy + (Defender's Evasion / 4) ^ 0.8 ) )

(it's against projectiles only, because of Ondar's Guile)

0.95 is the cap for chance to evade. With it, you wont notice reflect at all. Do note - this chance also counts as "less chance to get critical hit" it attack still hits. The odds you receive a crit reflected there are 1:400 (and that's even without acrobatics).

However, keeping accuracy so low is very bad for DPS, and i MEAN IT. Getting more evasion would be quite a task, i assume. You may try grace+hatred, but that means DPS loss from heralds...

so i believe getting ~10% leech is the best way to do.

Sorry about that, I'll check my accuracy amount when I'm in game later. A friend told me that life leech was 90% of my problem, and low life was the other 10%.

I've made both of my life flasks have life leech and I've gotten a promise flask in the meantime.

Now I'm just shopping for a 4-6% leech amulet. I found a daresso's and I think that would be neat as well, but would hate to give up the resists on my current 6L chest.

My friend did mention carnage heart while Im shopping for "the" amulet, so I think I'll give that a try before I swap out any other auras.

My other option though would be try to to get some mana reserve nodes and swap out just herald of ice (keep ash) for grace if thats even possible, I've not tried to calc it yet.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
Would it be a good idea to take the pierce cluster with Drillneck and run a faster attacks instead of pierce (0%) in a 5L?

I'm too broke from buying a Drillneck to test it out :X
IGN: Lelantos_Yolo
"
Okanitu wrote:

Sorry about that, I'll check my accuracy amount when I'm in game later. A friend told me that life leech was 90% of my problem, and low life was the other 10%.

I've made both of my life flasks have life leech and I've gotten a promise flask in the meantime.

Now I'm just shopping for a 4-6% leech amulet. I found a daresso's and I think that would be neat as well, but would hate to give up the resists on my current 6L chest.

My friend did mention carnage heart while Im shopping for "the" amulet, so I think I'll give that a try before I swap out any other auras.

My other option though would be try to to get some mana reserve nodes and swap out just herald of ice (keep ash) for grace if thats even possible, I've not tried to calc it yet.

Perhaps, your friend is right, because to get 90-95% chance to evade against your own attacks (even with Ondar's Guile) you should get either crazy high amount of evasion (which isnt really accessible), either crazy low accuracy (which has detrimental effect on your REAL DPS - btw, DPS tooltip lies to you seriously when your hit chance is low). Or even both! That's because of formula used...

And when your leech is instant, having 10%+ life leech makes you almost immortal

To swap HoI with Grace, you'll probably need Alpha's Howl as well. And with that high evasion, you'll probably want to use Queen of the Forest.

A few math there.
Hatred+HoA+Grace will leave you with 22.86% mana (assuming lvl21 red. mana, alpha's howl and Charisma).
And with 12.71% mana without Alpha's Howl. Not sure if that's enough, though.

BTW, there is another solution for life leech - Blood Rage. Of course, it would probably mean you'll have to use Blood Dance boots (preferably with +1 frenzy charge and extra +1 from tree/bandits - or get some chaosresist). Quality 20% Blood Rage can give you 10% life leech, and with lvl2 Enhance - 13%.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 20, 2014, 2:46:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info