Help With HC Marauder Build

Hi everybody, I've backed this game for some time, however have lacked the time to start playing until just recently. I have played similar games in the past that we all know, and have a reasonable understanding of this game.

Basically I have a couple of low level characters, and I am enjoying playing these greatly, however me and my pal are looking at getting straight into hardcore. I plan to play a tanky support style Marauder, hopefully to compliment my friends glass cannon build he is working on separately.

So the basic premiss of my desired build is; health regeneration, block chance, aura buffs, and mana management. Now due to my lack of high level play, I am unsure about how to balance this properly. I plan to use Tempest Shield, coupled with Elemental Equilibrium(to allow damage boost to glass cannon companion) while also applying the curse (apologies don't remember the name) that allows lightning damage to cause shock status ailment further increasing damage received. I plan to use Clarity and another aura (Suggestions please). As for personal damage advice would be most helpful, was planning on linking Support gem Cast When Damaged to Molten Armour. And also looking for advice on what to do for primary damage output (if needed) such as cleave linked with some sort of elemental damage modifier.

As said before, this is by no means a final build, however I lack the game knowledge to finish this on my own, so all input would be fantastic, thanks.

Passive Skill Tree

Revision 1

Last edited by Vathal on Sep 6, 2014, 12:17:11 PM
Use a tool like poebuilder.com

Stack life as much as possible, then block, then life regen, then armor. In that order.
The rest of points can go into damage and "mana management".

Your skilltree does not have enough life to play hardcore. Grab more life nodes. Try for 180-200% at least.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Use a tool like poebuilder.com

Stack life as much as possible, then block, then life regen, then armor. In that order.
The rest of points can go into damage and "mana management".

Your skilltree does not have enough life to play hardcore. Grab more life nodes. Try for 180-200% at least.

Thanks Peter, had a revision of the passive tree, still unsure about it however, the "mana management" comment, does that indicate I'm going over the top with mana related skills, or that I am a dunce for using the term? :)

Last edited by Vathal on Sep 6, 2014, 12:16:39 PM
I meant: You don't need to invest too many mana-related skillpoints.

Your tree does zero damage.

And you ignore some pretty nice block nodes for mediocre ones...

Rerooted your tree a bit:
Click me
Saved some points, and your Elemental Equilibrium idea also doesn't sound too compelling to me.

The rest of skillpoints should go into a weapon specialization, you'll need more damage.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info