Spectre multiple support gem bug.

Hi, I run a summoner in the rampage league.
currently lvl 81.
All Minion talents maxed out, and bones of ullr.

In my torso I run a 4link

Now, i run evangelists or corrupted skullbearers, depending on whether or not i've found the latter of a satisfactory level yet during my session.

My spectre link is: spectre+minion life+Fire damage, and then either echo or increased AoE

When i start my session i go to scepter and desecrate myself 3 evangelists.
I then start out by using echo in my link, summoning two of them, with spell echo.
switch it to +AoE, and summon the third.

I do this because I want one minion with a large forcefield.

here is where things get murky, I then zone to my hideout, and now all my eva's have increased AoE on the forcefields, NP really, that seems like a good way to counter snapshotting.

I open a map, enter, and they still have +AoE on the forcefield.
however, the two summoned with echo, retain the cho benefit on their AoE damage spell.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
if your observations are right, this seems to be a bug where the server isn't re-evaluating your current minions properties after you exchanged support gems.

this is highly unlikely after all the work they have done to prevent snapshotting but not impossible as the example of cast on death support with righterous fire already proved.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I've checked this out, and everything appears to be working as intended. When you change the support gems linked to minions that have already been created, the benefits of that support gem will immediately affect those minions. So in your case, when you swap out the Spell Echo support for the Increased AoE support, all of your Evangelists will gain the benefit of the Increased AoE, and lose the effect of the Spell Echo. They do have a tendency to spam their AoE spell though, so it can look like they are still echoing it.
yes, but I'm fairly sure i've seen them double tap the aoE's on several occassions.

of course if they'rre zealous about it the double spam might just be multiple castings from different ones.

I'll reinstall OBS one of these days, and record it for you, if I can catch it again.
Last edited by Bahriel on Sep 3, 2014, 7:46:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info