Hideout = Town

Our hideouts should be treated like a town with regards to things like destroying items and summoner followers - possibly other things too.

I like to keep certain summons that I have to hunt down, so I don't want to kill them off, but I don't want my spectres and zombies roaming around in my hideout because it makes editing EXTREMELY difficult.

Also, sometimes you just want to throw some crap on the ground and destroy it; however, we can't drop items *or* destroy them in our hideouts. I'd like us to be able to do one or the other (dropped items would vanish upon instance reset, etc.)

I've also seen some people posting about portals leading to the hideout and whatnot. That would be groovy, but I'm not sure where they want these portals to come *from* since if you're going through the acts, you should go to the appropriate act town, and if you're in your hideout map device map, you *do* go to your hideout via TP...

- However -

If you want to keep them the way they are, can you crank up the zone level and monster variation so a summoner can just desecrate his way to some nifty specters/zombies without having to go to the sceptre? Maybe add a hideout-only corpse type! That would be great! Or in Catarina's hideout you get secret corpses! Or when you get Cat to a certain level! Omgomgomg!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I just made a similar suggestion before I saw this. It should definitely be an option to use your hideout as a home base (for respawns at least, maybe also for TPs).

At the moment, hideouts are a bit different from towns because they are your property, rather than a communal area. That's why you're allowed to use skills in your hideout, for instance - the only reason you can't do this in town is that it would cause too much clutter and slow down the game for everyone else in that town instance.

I think the reason you can't drop items in your hideout is that GGG doesn't want you to have a free floordrobe, so floor items can't be persistent, but if floor items disappeared after a while, people would get confused and upset when they lost items. Being able to destroy items in your hideout makes sense, but it seems a bit unnecessary when you could just sell them to a nearby Master.
Last edited by Incompetent on Sep 3, 2014, 1:30:28 AM
the one thing i'd really like is that if your char has reached merciless, that the h/o is in merc aswell. I hang around my hideout for a long time switching gear and so on and i just hate that when i wanna check my resist i got to wp back and forward to the lab or something. Also an option to delete decorations?
"
ChesterMok wrote:
Also an option to delete decorations?

If you mean as in remove it from the hideout, press delete.
You can't remove them from your inventory though.
I have no idea how to breathe.
"
W4rpCore wrote:
"
ChesterMok wrote:
Also an option to delete decorations?

If you mean as in remove it from the hideout, press delete.
You can't remove them from your inventory though.

that's what i mean though. I dont have a way to see the 3d decoration before i buy it so i just take them and see how they look and i have half a stash of decorations that i'll never use... i guess ill just stack them in a corner someday or something
I'd like to log back in my hideout if I log out from there. I'd also like it to use the difficulty I entered it from, so I can play with gear and easily check my resists.
Yes.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info