What Gem Levels to Use in Single CwDT Enduring Cry + Immortal Call Setup

So I'm wondering what gem levels everyone likes to use for the following setup:

CwDT + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call

My instinct would be levels 7, 9, and 8, respectively, so that the level requirements match up exactly, but I've heard that you might want Immortal Call to be about double the level of Enduring Cry so that the setup pings more often (weird stuff with gem cooldowns).

What's the sweet spot in terms of levels with this setup?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
i use exactly those levels cwdt 7 which procs at 880hp with 9&8 endcry immortalcall with a max level increased duration that gives me about 2sec immunity (no enducharges from the tree)when there are a few mobs around me and it procs which is enough time to access the situation / gtfo.

i see no gain in not leveling those 2 gems to max level for your cwdt level but maybe someone knows more:)
I too have the gems at the matching levels (req. lvl 43 if i remember right) with increased duration added in. The duration gem can be leveled all the way up and is not bound by the level restriction. Will probably use the quality recipe at lvl 20 to get 20% quality and relevel it.

Since i have a total of 120% increased ES recovery speed on my CI phys wander shadow my ES starts recovering after 2.73 seconds and then takes up to 3 seconds to fill up. Additionally, i can leech a lot during that time so with that setup there is a good chance of being back at full ES.

With the standard setup you mentioned with a level 18 increased duration added you will get up to 3.27 seconds of immunity. With the same setup but the increased duration at 20/20 and the immortal call at 20% quality you would get 4.56 seconds physical damage immunity from 3 endurance charges +1.37 seconds per additional endurance charge.
Note that the effect from the increased duration gem appears to only affect the base duration and not the duration/charge part from immortal call but that just seems to be a bug with the display.

The 7/9/8+dur setup works very well if you have 3-6k life or ES but when you have significantly more than that, you can level them up a bit further for better endurance charge gain and longer duration. no need to trigger it from just <10% life loss when you have >9000 life ;)

[TL;DR]
Yes, the matching level setup works pretty well at:
1. CWDT lvl 7
2. Enduring Cry lvl 9
3. Immortal Call lvl 8 + quality
4. Increased Duration lvl as high as possible + quality

The quality can greatly increase the duration and i believe the incr. duration gem is almost mandatory if you can spare a 4l for this setup.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Thanks for the responses. I'm working on getting quality gems right now. The Marauder that I'm using the gems on will probably have around 6k life, so it sounds like I can stick with the levels discussed here.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info