Vagan is overtuned in maps

Compared to the content which he appears in he is way overtuned.
Currently i am clearing level 75 maps with ease, including their bosses.
Whenever vagan appears, he completely outperforms anything i could possibly face in that map, and by a large margin aswell.

Was that the intention for this master?
Only to be completed by rather tanky characters?
He attacks way too fast and hits way too hard imo.

Anyways, ill keep ignoring him for now.
If he is kept like this ill probably only be able to do him once i am level 85ish, which is a joke considering that all the other master quests are very easy in comparison.
Last edited by gh0un on Sep 2, 2014, 6:25:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
gh0un wrote:
Whenever vagan appears, he completely outperforms anything i could possibly face in that map, and by a large margin aswell.

If he is kept like this ill probably only be able to do him once i am level 85ish, which is a joke considering that all the other master quests are very easy in comparison.

What build do you have?

Do you struggle with Vorici?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
gh0un wrote:

What build do you have?

No i dont struggle with vorici, why?
"
gh0un wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
gh0un wrote:

What build do you have?

No i dont struggle with vorici, why?

Curiosity. Still, you don't tell how are you fighting Vagan, so your feedback is useless as it is.
Well basically i start the fight, he keeps leap slamming my face and takes away 5k of my life in less than 2 seconds, making me either tp out or run away (which isnt really possible because he keeps leap slamming after you).

I am playing a freeze pulser witch and i only have 7k armor with granite and i am also using arctic armor and have 32% block chance.
He goes through my 5k life like a hot knife through butter.
I prepared this build to use cloak of defiance later on for that survivability, but i dont have it yet.

So basically, the character, as it currently stands, is perfectly capable of doing up to level 75 maps, but as soon as i meet vagan, even if it is on a level 66 map, he deals so much damage that i have to log out.

I am certain that characters with actual defensive stats can do him just fine, but thats not the point here.
He is just way overtuned compared to the content he appears in, thats the point.
He is way harder than any of the other masters, and he is also a lot stronger than anything else i am facing in maps.
Last edited by gh0un on Sep 2, 2014, 9:38:01 PM
"
gh0un wrote:
Well basically i start the fight, he keeps leap slamming my face and takes away 5k of my life in less than 2 seconds, making me either tp out or run away (which isnt really possible because he keeps leap slamming after you).

I am playing a freeze pulser witch and i only have 7k armor with granite and i am also using arctic armor and have 32% block chance.
He goes through my 5k life like a hot knife through butter.
I prepared this build to use cloak of defiance later on for that survivability, but i dont have it yet.

So basically, the character, as it currently stands, is perfectly capable of doing up to level 75 maps, but as soon as i meet vagan, even if it is on a level 66 map, he deals so much damage that i have to log out.

I am certain that characters with actual defensive stats can do him just fine, but thats not the point here.
He is just way overtuned compared to the content he appears in, thats the point.
He is way harder than any of the other masters, and he is also a lot stronger than anything else i am facing in maps.

I find my struggles are highly dependent on the character I am playing. Some are insanely easy with certain builds while almost impossible with others. I kind of like it that way because it presents a challenge for some builds in addressing their weaknesses.
Its mainly characters that leech life and characters that are built rather tanky that have no issues with vagan at all.
My flicker striker isnt tanky, but he leeches life and has a huge lifepool, so he isnt really fazed by vagan.
My flameblaster just tanks through vagan´s hits and kills him.

My freeze pulser does neither have lifeleech, nor 30k armor, so she doesnt stand a chance right now.
I dont think making vagan a lot stronger than the content he appears in is appropriate.
Characters that rely on flasks for healing have an incredibly tough time to kill him.

Overall i can just say that he is way overtuned compared to the content surrounding him.
Last edited by gh0un on Sep 2, 2014, 10:23:33 PM
"
gh0un wrote:
Its mainly characters that leech life and characters that are built rather tanky that have no issues with vagan at all.
My flicker striker isnt tanky, but he leeches life and has a huge lifepool, so he isnt really fazed by vagan.
My flameblaster just tanks through vagan´s hits and kills him.

My freeze pulser does neither have lifeleech, nor 30k armor, so she doesnt stand a chance right now.
I dont think making vagan a lot stronger than the content he appears in is appropriate.
Characters that rely on flasks for healing have an incredibly tough time to kill him.

Overall i can just say that he is way overtuned compared to the content surrounding him.

Not to be an asshole, but this is fine. Every master pwns a specific build.

I've seen people complaining about each type of mission because it's overtuned (Except Tora and Catarina). Maybe you should have an extra set of armor and gems for this situations?

This expansion is unconventional, :P
LOL I came in here to post his healing is OP. He cant hurt me with 75% block and MoM but I can't hurt him either with only 4K DPS.

I think we both need more balance. you need more defense I need more deeps.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info