New unique chest piece: Doryani's Shelter

The item looks like a red cape.

Doryani's Shelter:

600 energy shield
25% dodge
20% spelldodge

50% less life
You can't block attacks or spells
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Soepkieken wrote:

Doryani's Shelter:

600 energy shield
25% dodge
20% spelldodge

50% less life

25% dodge and 20% spell dodge while sacrificing easy block and spell block?

Rathpith alone gives you 30% block and 12% spell block. Combine that with Stone of Lazhwar and Rainbowstride and you end up with 30% block and 30% spell block. After a little investment you can end up with 60% block/spell block.

Nice idea but I don't see it having a use.

Edit:

This is also taking into account that block is basically the best mitigation that ES can get.
Last edited by Natharias on Sep 2, 2014, 6:32:30 PM
The main use is to still take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, and combine it with Atziri's Step to achieve 65% dodge and 66% spelldodge.

This means you don't need any passive nodes in shield block, nor in ES or life because they are both dramatically decreased.

It opens up a decent defense for litlle investment for glass cannons, most likely bow-users, trappers and maybe even some spell-casters. Cold casters e.g. can add freeze as a defense to get rarely hit.

The 2 chances in 3 (spell)dodge serves as rare mistake-nullifier for this pure glass cannon builds. The main disadvantage is that it is pure RNG so you cannot rely on it.

Anyway, you'll only play glass cannons in softcore... .

In pvp, it could be slightly overpowered though.
Last edited by Soepkieken on Sep 3, 2014, 3:09:20 AM
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Soepkieken wrote:

Doryani's Shelter:

600 energy shield
25% dodge
20% spelldodge

50% less life

25% dodge and 20% spell dodge while sacrificing easy block and spell block?

Rathpith alone gives you 30% block and 12% spell block. Combine that with Stone of Lazhwar and Rainbowstride and you end up with 30% block and 30% spell block. After a little investment you can end up with 60% block/spell block.

Nice idea but I don't see it having a use.

Edit:

This is also taking into account that block is basically the best mitigation that ES can get.

Actually unlike you, i see this as really useful. I would imagine it being used on a 2h CI character.
I like the idea!
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
The 50% less life is very harsh and makes it a bit hard to use. It would make a good faux-Acrobatics on some ES-focused characters though. (I wouldn't actually take Acro on an ES build - losing half your hitpoints is just too much, even with all that dodge.)

I was thinking it would be interesting for Acrobatics users to have a *shield* that gives a substantial amount of dodge/spelldodge in return for 'cannot block'. You'd never have as much damage avoidance as an acro/block/spellblock build, but freeing up all the passives you would have spent on block nodes opens up other possibilities.
"
Soepkieken wrote:
The main use is to still take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, and combine it with Atziri's Step to achieve 65% dodge and 66% spelldodge.

This means you don't need any passive nodes in shield block, nor in ES or life because they are both dramatically decreased.

It opens up a decent defense for litlle investment for glass cannons
, most likely bow-users, trappers and maybe even some spell-casters. Cold casters e.g. can add freeze as a defense to get rarely hit.

The 2 chances in 3 (spell)dodge serves as rare mistake-nullifier for this pure glass cannon builds. The main disadvantage is that it is pure RNG so you cannot rely on it.

Anyway, you'll only play glass cannons in softcore... .

In pvp, it could be slightly overpowered though.

Exactly why I don't see this being used.

The only possible option for this unique is in standard. Even then it defeats the purpose of playing since glass cannons can die in just one lucky hit. There goes 10% of your progress, and that can mean hours upon hours of play.

"
Priory wrote:
Actually unlike you, i see this as really useful. I would imagine it being used on a 2h CI character.
I like the idea!

Really?

Could you explain how it would be useful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info