PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

The glaring Currency Discrepancy

"
TheGrixxitt wrote:
"
Its a damn game not a fucking stock market so what are people even talking about when they mention "the market"?

Anyone who has ever played Eve would at least snicker a little inside reading your comment.

I'd imagine that most people just snicker in general reading anything Dirk says about anything.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
Kizwik wrote:
Hi guys,
I don't claim to be a math wizard or anything..but there is something that bothers me.

It has to do with fuses and chaos exchange values as such...

fuses to chaos ratio is 2:1...so 40 fuses = 20c

I think we can all agree on this point.

Now the chaos to Ex rate is 30c:1ex

So the fuse to Ex ratio should be 60fuse:1ex Right????

WRONG it's 40fuse: 1ex ?????

It doesn't make sense!!! Someone help my feeble mind understand this...

I went over this in another thread earlier today.

fusings are 40:1 ex

chaos are 32:1 ex

alts are 8:1 fusing at the vendor so;

40 / 32 = 1.25 x 8 = 10.

1 chaos is worth 1 fusing and 2 alts, or 5 jewelers, or 10 alts.

The people still offering higher ratios of chaos to fusings/jewelers/alts are scammers preying on the ill-informed.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Mivo wrote:
Do many people trade exalts for fuses directly, though? I wouldn't.

Plenty of people going for a 6 link do.
Nice analysis Fluffy_Puppies.

When you factor in liquidity needs (i.e. some is willing to apply a discount to the intrinsic value to gain liquidity), it would make sense that someone pays 6 jewels for a chaos (rather than the intrinsic value of 5).

At 7 jewels, it is a stretch and at the current spam-rate of 10 - a definite ripoff.

But most people sell, and I did as well with my first 2-3 characters just to buy mid-level gear.

"

40 / 32 = 1.25 x 8 = 10.

The people still offering higher ratios of chaos to fusings/jewelers/alts are scammers preying on the ill-informed.

People with their heads up are trading "around" the 32c:1ex ratio. That ratio inflated horribly before the end of the last league, and has never returned to the 24:1 ratio to which we were previously accustomed. During the last league, it was speculated that the ratio was being artificially inflated, but lacking the evidence that this was so, it's hard to say.

Thanks to an increased demand for fusings (Master influence, I think), it makes more economic sense to convert alts to fuses and trade those directly for exalts if you don't need chaos precisely for crafting or small purchases, exactly as you suggest.
"
Tao_Jones wrote:
"

40 / 32 = 1.25 x 8 = 10.

People with their heads up are trading "around" the 32c:1ex ratio. That ratio inflated horribly before the end of the last league, and has never returned to the 24:1 ratio to which we were previously accustomed. During the last league, it was speculated that the ratio was being artificially inflated, but lacking the evidence that this was so, it's hard to say.

Thanks to an increased demand for fusings (Master influence, I think), it makes more economic sense to convert alts to fuses and trade those directly for exalts if you don't need chaos precisely for crafting or small purchases, exactly as you suggest.

The value of chaos has fallen the last 2 leagues. At one point it was as low as 20:1 ex. The price is stable at the start of new temp leagues and then starts to rise, by the end of the league the price reaches a peak and then becomes stable for a few more months. This is standard I am talking about.

I think it isn't people trying to manipulate prices, I think all the temp leagues hoard chaos as their main form of exchange, but in standard where there are much better items ex is the main form of currency. So the market gets flooded with massive supplies of chaos every league cycle.

I am hoping the forsaken masters crafting helps reverse some of that.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
Mivo wrote:
Do many people trade exalts for fuses directly, though? I wouldn't.

I would, but never at 40:1. That's idiotic. Especially with vorici and elreon in my hideout
simple answer:
fusing and chaos rate is not 2:1
its more likely 4:3
"
"

Says you tho just sayin

40:1 fuse to ex = not getting accepted by me any day lel

Also chaos are 1:2 fuse with most people

It's all just a bunch of people trying to claim that their figures are right and that other people's figures are wrong so that they can sleep at night knowing they got themselves the "best price/deal".

Epic lol

Mine are based on what chaos and fusing actually sell for ex for. Your ratio can be different, it just isn't the current accepted ratio.

Case in point a guy on the notice board has been buying 1200 fusings per 30 ex for half the day.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Sep 3, 2014, 6:27:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info