The glaring Currency Discrepancy

Hi guys,
I don't claim to be a math wizard or anything..but there is something that bothers me.

It has to do with fuses and chaos exchange values as such...

fuses to chaos ratio is 2:1...so 40 fuses = 20c

I think we can all agree on this point.

Now the chaos to Ex rate is 30c:1ex

So the fuse to Ex ratio should be 60fuse:1ex Right????

WRONG it's 40fuse: 1ex ?????

It doesn't make sense!!! Someone help my feeble mind understand this...
There's nothing to understand. Market prices evolve, they're not made.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
welcome to market manipulation
This actually does make sense.

Much of the mid-level economy works around chaos orbs. People need 2-20c to get workable gear especially with their first character in a new league. So chaos orbs are "more expensive" than exalts.

This trend is of course made much worse by market manipulation.
But the manipulation (like most good manipulation) is based on an underlying need.

Watch: the exalt-to-chaos ratio will drop as the league ends...

I hate this too. This concept is generated by 100s of people spamming trade chat selling fuse 40:1ex.

They do this all day and also buying fuses 2:1c. This is their way to play this game, its called patch of trading.

Same for jewellers and alterations. Just save up your fusings/jewellers for twhen you need them or try to buy them for chaos ratio as the traders do(however I never bought 2 fusings for 1c though!)
Last edited by Ruffneck058 on Sep 2, 2014, 1:57:36 PM
I think there is other factors to consider.

When I am new in a league. Early on Alchs are king for me. I use them often when I need to upgrade my weapons etc.

Then come Chromes and Fusings, I can blast through Chromes crazy fast trying to make initial 3 link items.

Alts also are semi valuable because I will often reroll flask stats.

If i was really in need of more of the above items, those items are automatically going to be worth more to me, therefore instead of having to trade for chaos... then another trade for the orbs i really want, i may just trade that 2c item for 40 alts instead just to eliminate the hassle and make a quick sale.

Using the above example, I would not even consider accepting orbs of regret, I don't care what the exchange rate is, if I don't need them, I don't want them, or the hassle of trading them for what i do want.

People are willing to pay more for convenience, that's why people buy Monsters at convenience stores for 3$ a can or more.
Its a damn game not a fucking stock market so what are people even talking about when they mention "the market"?
"
Its a damn game not a fucking stock market so what are people even talking about when they mention "the market"?

Anyone who has ever played Eve would at least snicker a little inside reading your comment.
"
TheGrixxitt wrote:
"

Anyone who has ever played Eve would at least snicker a little inside reading your comment.

havent played Eve, but I've read up on the struggle and crazyness of it all like the stupid expensive ships
Do many people trade exalts for fuses directly, though? I wouldn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info