how much GEM exp do 77-78 maps give on average?

Summoners are shit now endgame(thanks ggg) and I am debating between doing 74-75 6 minute faceroll runs vs 12 minute semi-threatening 78 map runs.

Everyone has different exp penalties so I want to use gem exp as a constant value I generally get an average of 1m in 74 maps. Try not to use ones with insane pack size/shrine/box RNG.

And yes I realize the exp penalty means 78 maps give 2-3x the exp of a 75 depending on your level.
Exp penalty for gems.... Good one! ;)

AS for exp itself, it should be hard for those maps to compete with sarns/monkeys. Cause time + decent enough mobs > all.

Best exp for gems is that zana map-mod with 0% drop and like 1xxx % increased exp. Even as level 66 map, gem exp sky-rocketed!

Made a program to calc exp, so can check later with some random map.
There is no XP penalties for gems. Doing the fastest maps is the best way to level gems. I often run strands or even mountain ledges for fun.

Higher maps barely give higher gem XP. At times a lower map may even give more depending on the density.

Best zones for gems include:

- Poorjoy's asylum
- Untainted paradise
- Apex of sacrifice
- Coward's trial
Last edited by kasub on Sep 2, 2014, 12:20:19 PM
gems only get 10% exp duh.

That's why it's an excellent method to know base exp per average map run.

1m gem exp with a 74 map means I get 2 million exp at level 90(1.125%) or 500k exp at level 95(.21%).

Gem leveling speed has no value for me, I only want to know how much gem exp you get with the average shipyard/palace run.
Last edited by AmbushRacer on Sep 2, 2014, 12:27:39 PM
Well just to give an example. Coward's trial gives around 3 million gem XP and some dunes give 800k- 1 million XP. The difference between map levels is minimal. It's all about clearspeed/density.

If you want to know exact XP values of 77 maps then go ahead and measure it.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 2, 2014, 12:35:12 PM
A 6 minute 74 map has 10million base exp(1m gem) and grants 20% base exp at level 90 = 2mil.

A 6 minute dunes has 8mil base exp(800k gem) but only grants me 2% base exp at 90 = 200k.

It's a waste of time.

I want some values from shrines, shipyards and palaces for comparison, if they only give 1mil gem exp or like 2mil.

If it's only 1mil gem exp per 77/78 run, then it is almost as fast for me to do 6min gorge runs than do 12 minute palace runs, more profitable as well.

I would test the high end maps myself but ever since 1.2 my minions just get wrecked even at gem21 and with all auras, it's really not a good use of currency for me, plenty people here solo 77/78 maps and all I really need is someone's slight attention(just look at your gem exp before and after the run).
Last edited by AmbushRacer on Sep 2, 2014, 12:40:01 PM
"
AmbushRacer wrote:
Try not to use ones with insane pack size

Wat? If you want xp, don't avoid maps that give it.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
AmbushRacer wrote:
Try not to use ones with insane pack size

Wat? If you want xp, don't avoid maps that give it.

>average

Alternatively you can just say you got "x" amount of exp, but state the map had like, 43% pack size bonus.
Just did a shipyard with no packsize and got 1035820 XP. So like I assumed difference is tiny even between 66 and 78 maps. You're better off speedrunning 74/75s with that in mind. Will do another to confirm the number.

Edit: Did another and got 1070792 XP. So ya seems consistent enough.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 2, 2014, 1:33:59 PM
Alright then.

So basically at 90-98 6 minute gorge/plateau speedruns gives 66-75% the experience per hour of a 12minute palace/courtyard run with almost 0% chance of dying.

If dunes/tropical jungle did indeed give 1mil gem exp, that means at level 99 you actually get 200k exp from it vs 348k from plateau vs 717k from palace.

Which is pretty damn insane, the 2% minimum cap seems really amazing at the last 2 levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info