Nerf Minara Much??

Entered merc on rampage on my fun FB mara.
20 defensive life/armor/res nodes, bm, 3k dominating splash, 2k cyclone with LL.
1300 hp after reserved auras, 70reg, 40%fire res, 50% armor.
NOT.A.FUCKING.CHANCE.

Touch any of her minions even once = INSTANT RIP.
What kinda fucked up retarded design is this, that forces me to go totally out of my build and pick ranged skills only to handle a exile which I should be able to deal with, because I am *NOT* naked?

I *DO* have defensive nodes, I *DO have a shield, I *DO* have life, I *DO* have dmg and high life leech.
Still: not a fucking chance. 1 touch and BOOM RIP.

Even if I took single target infernal blow and tried to hit her, avoiding her FUBAR BORKED minions who blow up with 9000 billion unstable minions bullshit in your face, those minions would still hit me for 1-2k every second! It is simply impossible to deal with her as (such) a melee build.

Remove the fucking minion instability from her pets or nerf the dmg of it 90%!

Thank god I wasn't playing HC but rampage.
Spawn at the door, right at the rare strongbox that she came from.
Dominating blow? Nope rip.
Cyclone? Nope rip.

Had to kite her countless minions and evade them for 10 minutes to finally get her alone in a corner and even then I needed another 5 mins to kill her thanks to imba cyclone desync in narrow spaces and cockblocking *CANT MOVE IF TARGET IS AT TARGET* mechanics... which won't allow you to spin unless you got 10 football fields room around you. Btw: fix that shit too, allow empty spins at your position. Like vaal cyclone does it.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Why did you not just run? Start up a new instance without her and continue?

If you insist you should be able to beat everything in the game you have another thing coming (Igna Phoenix, Orchard and Jungle Valley bosses just to name a few).....

Oh..... and the combination of 40% fire res and 1300 life is a sure recipe for disaster. A hit that does 500 fire damage to a char with 75% res one-shots your 1300/40% combo.

So I would say the game was doing exactly what it was supposed to do at Merciless. Wipe out the non-ready. Be gald you encountered the exile early before spending more time on your dead-end build.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Sep 2, 2014, 10:59:33 AM
sorry but your are too weak for merciless...

1300 hp is a joke right ? 40 % fire res ? lol
IGN TylordRampage
And we see again the entire "path of illusion".... so many nodes to pick! So awesome! Not.
You can't go dps, because IT KILLS YOU.
I'm a hybrid, not tank, 50/50 dps/defnsive nodes. Still getting one shotted.

Why do you, dear GGG designers, present us with enemies that can be taken down only with one specific build?

Why do you offer us offensive nodes and then ONE SHOT US if we do take them?!

1/10, would redesign the entire game.
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Why did you not just run?

Sorry, I didn't know we were playing a game called "hey guys, GUYS GUYS I found a enemy that I *CAN* kill! Took me only 3 days... I skipped 9000 mobs! FINALLY FOUND ONE WHO DOESN'T ONE SHOT ME?"

Really?
Last edited by Quantume on Sep 2, 2014, 11:17:56 AM
No, your problem is 100% you are not geared correctly to handle that type of opponent. If you meet an enemy that deals lots of fire damage, you must have 75% fire res. That's a gearing problem, not a build problem.

1300 life is also incredibly low in Merciless. You should not be using Auras on Blood Magic unless you are using a low life build. Again, not a passive tree problem, a skill choice problem.

Lastly, pretty much the whole point of doing a Facebreaker build is so that you can invest 75% of your skills into defense because FB scales mostly with gear rather than with passives. So for that particular build, only taking 20 defensive nodes is a bad choice. But there are plenty of other builds out there where that is not true.

This is a case of L2P, not an issue with the game.
"
Quantume wrote:
And we see again the entire "path of illusion".... so many nodes to pick! So awesome! Not.
You can't go dps, because IT KILLS YOU.
I'm a hybrid, not tank, 50/50 dps/defnsive nodes. Still getting one shotted.

Why do you, dear GGG designers, present us with enemies that can be taken down only with one specific build?

Why do you offer us offensive nodes and then ONE SHOT US if we do take them?!

1/10, would redesign the entire game.

Sorry but even the most offensive builds take hp nodes and have capped resists. Your build is just bad, you are supposed to be dying like this.

"
Quantume wrote:
Thank god I wasn't playing HC but rampage.

Don't even think about playing HC, it would be awful experience for you.
you have 1300hp and you whine about merciles no chance ....? is this joke or what? YOU HAVE 1300HP.................i have 800-1000hp at vaal act 1 normal WHAT DID U EXPECT??? git gut and stop troll
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Sep 2, 2014, 12:13:39 PM
Don't feed the troll :-)
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
For all the people complaining about him not being geared, I think that's quite silly. He just entered merciless. Of course he's going to be under geared. Most people are around that time ^^.

I've tried facing her too and if you are melee the corpse explosions are BRUTAL. Capped res, like 4.5k life 60% block/41% spell block couldn't kill her in a 71 strand map, because I use cleave and killing even more than one of her minions is pretty much a death sentence. (They deal a crapton of damage).

You have to have a single target skill or a ranged skill to kill her or have an extremely powerful melee build.

She is balanced though because she is actually extremely squishy compared to other exiles... maybe even the squishiest. You just need to single target kill her down fast or be ranged. Just have to not kill her minions if they are near you. Tough but doable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info