Summoners, which master quests give you trouble?

I normally play totem builds or summoners in new leagues, but went with an evasion-based bow ranger this time. It works well, does maps quickly so far, and she handles most master quests well. However, I'm not used to this amount of desync, and it is wearing down my fun.

So now I'm considering to level a traditional summoner and use her for the rest of Rampage. My concern are the master quests, though. Vorici's seem impossible to me with a summoner, Haku's troublesome, Tora's possibly hard with the explosions wiping out summons, and the one time I did a time limited Zana quest, it was extremely close and without puncture killing those three bosses within seconds each, I would have failed it.

But this is all just assumption, so I wanted to ask those of you who play summoners in the temporary leagues (Standard players have higher gear levels typically then I'll have) how well you are doing with the master quests.

Thanks!
I play a SRS/Zombie Summoner and have only problems with some Vorici quests (like keep *all* guards alive). Most missions are do-able with some kiting.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
vorici without a doubt, that guy is evil
Vorici
Most of Vorici missions are just impossible, I stopped to care about them. Timed Haku mission can be tricky, as I can't rush forward too much, even if my summoner is quite tanky as per summoners standards.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
As Summoner and Totem player I recommend to always have a Decoy totem gem in the inventory for Vorici quests. Guards usually seem to be placed in front of the main target or at least linked, so when one guard starts to attack, the others will follow, while the main target doesn't. With the Decoy totem one can put enough space between guards and main target, so in case the totem is down before mission completion, the pack doesn't run back but waits far away.

Though so far I didn't find a solution for the keep target at 10% health goal when playing a dual totem build, because ideally the totem should be able to reduce its hp to 10% in a reasonable time but then not kill it while the countdown is active. Replacing the totem with a no-dmg one like Decoy again must be timed exactly, otherwise the mission fails. Furthermore the new Totem first replaces the one a few screens away where the guards are, so only the second new one replaces the dmg totem, and I didn't succeed so far.

Maybe it works with the Frostwall spell, with Ancestral Bond it acts like a knockback only. I tested the timing to push mobs back from totems a bit, but didn't meet Vorici in the last hours.
To be fair their is only one Vorici-Quest that is hard and that one even if hard for non-summoners.

Not killing a single guard is really tough. Leave one guard alive is easy and leave the target alive is easy. The keep on lowlife is a bit tricky in lower level zones and with some of the exiles that regenerate life. Most Vorici Missions however are fairly problematic if you get them as a daily due to the low level of dailies.

For Totems just use one Totem to damage them and place a decoy totem always after you placed the damage-totem. That way a single cast is enough to remove the totem. Most Exiles are tanky enough that you could even cast two totems before they lose 35% of their health.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info