About to quit again because of Rain Effect :(

I cant level up new chars because when I enter imperial gardens or dominus fight %95 times client is crashing :(

It wasnt used to be like that before, is there really no way to (even temporarily) turn rain off, so I can get over quest and move on?? Like changing a line in a .ini file from "Rain_Effect = true; -> false;" ???

I am stuck playing with my old high lvl char..
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It wasn't that bad for me, but I spent a year playing on two mid range gaming laptops, with a 650M and a 750M. Even at medium settings (well, as low as everything can be set in the client), Imperial Gardens and the Dominus fight caused extremely unstable fps behavior (bouncing between 60 and 5). Playing in groups was completely out of question.

I eventually gave in and set up a desktop in a corner of my apartment like you would a console. I don't do much general PC gaming these days, so it's basically a computer almost dedicated to PoE only. It's a 3-year old machine, but was fairly top-end when I bought it. The 570 GTX in it is still superb, and PoE runs smooth as butter on it. It's certainly the only game I would do something like this for, but yes, it is ridiculous that they refuse to add a weather toggle (and instead add rain to more areas!). I speculate that the engine may simply not support it. Probably another thing they overlooked when they put it together. (I'm serious.)
There has to be an non-illegal way of reducing graphic options for particles :(

Every other game has it, why cant PoE have one?
Take care.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
symban wrote:
There has to be an non-illegal way of reducing graphic options for particles :(

Every other game has it, why cant PoE have one?

Its because GGG is really stubborn and silly when it comes to it.

They decided to not let us lower graphics too much for some reason, yet races pretty much demand a SSD and most people racing even run quality on 5 (txt edited for clay tier graphics).

They reduced old aura effects because it was too much apparently?

Then they saturate the game with other effects that make computers literally crash the game.

And still subborn about preloading certain things, hooray freezes in the HC league, while maphackers are still unaffected by it.
"
deathspenalty wrote:
Its because GGG is really stubborn and silly when it comes to it.

You know, i also had huge problems in maps with rain and lots of lush vegetation, mostly in Imperial gardens and on top of the Tower of God, where the game became almost unplayable becouse of that.

Becouse i knew that it's not the game-makers responsibility to tailor the game towards lower-end PC's like the one i've used at that time, it was me who stopped being stubborn and silly, so i bought myself a new PC which was twice as good as my old one.

Guess what happened after that? The game runs nigh flawlessly on maximum settings (my new graphics card even preset them to max by default), even in imperial gardens and on top of the tower with all the rain etc.

Do you wonder how streamers don't seem to have any problems in those places? Ask them what kind of PC they use and get a similar one or at least as close as you can get, i can guarantee you personally that 90% of your graphic-related problems will dissapear.
http://strawpoll.me/2428913/r

Everytime this topic comes ...its funny to see people with like over 300$ of titles saying " there is no problems, just get a better computer"
and people with less titles are like " i understand you man"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Sep 2, 2014, 7:11:31 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Everytime this topic comes ...its funny to see people with like over 300$ of titles saying " there is no problems, just get a better computer"

Being understood doesn't help them though.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Tom7i wrote:
[...]

Would you buy me a new PC, too please?

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Being understood doesn't help them though.

But apparently hacks do now. This is getting silly.

Last edited by Sa_Re on Sep 2, 2014, 7:28:14 AM
"
deathspenalty wrote:
They decided to not let us lower graphics too much for some reason

That reason is streamers. They've said they won't give options to lower effects because they "want the game to look good on streams".

Apparently the advertising is more important than ensuring the play experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info