Is Discharge still viable? Burning Discharge? Crit/Noncrit? Help! :D

If so, can you link me a build?

How does it perform against reflect?

I used to run burning discharge vaal pact, it was the most fun I've ever had in this game along side flicker. Other builds haven't had that same oomph to them, I started Rampage and got to 86 with an arc blocker, it's good but it's just... slow feeling.

I'm currently running a flicker character, kinda hit a wall because I only have 5 ex in rampage and that's not really enough to go CI, flicker is mediocre if not CI.

But discharge IIRC doesn't require TOO much investment, not nearly as much as flicker at least.

CI or Non CI - prefer life because it's cheaper, but I'm sure discharge can work without spending a ton as CI since I won't be in the mob's faces like flicker.
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
Last edited by Semune on Sep 2, 2014, 12:42:15 AM
Does it make me immature for laughing at "burning discharge"?
"
inDef wrote:

Ooooo SHOULD GET DAT Checked out

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Now that Voll's Devotion is available again (through the Zana crafting table), I'm sure discharge is back in business for super endgame. It's always been viable up through low maps even with junk gear.

Usual tree is Templar -> Shadow grabbing all the power charges and spell crit. Probably using a Voll's Protector, probably using Assassin's Mark (crit/multi, power charge generation, +life/mana on kill).

If you want to work in VP, it'll probably require a pretty high character level just to make the tree work (or just get Acuity har har har).
"
inDef wrote:

That's part of the reason why I liked it.

All the burning discharge puns for names back then...
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
"
"
inDef wrote:

Ooooo SHOULD GET DAT Checked out

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This slayed me. Still laughing as I type this.
Im currently playing a self found burning discharge build on rampage. Im
Level 82 and running 68-69 maps very easily. I often kill most mobs with the initial hit before burn even sets in. My strategy revolves around using spell echo on enduring cry to build the charges and using es gear with EB and arctic armor to deal with reflect and not need armor. I also use flame surge to nuke bosses while keeping them ignited with discharge for the bonus damage.
sadly flameblast is better in pretty much every way

only exception is if you go perma discharge with crits and volls, but thats a hard build to pull off

even fire trap prolif is better imo (well at least before 1.2, havent tried now)
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Sep 2, 2014, 3:10:40 AM
"
inDef wrote:

Curiosity kills a Noob. I searched "burning discharge" on Google.

Guess what. This comes out
Spoiler
Vaginal Discharge
Therefore if "discharge" crits, u shall die no matter what.
Another thread about "viability" and whether a skill is good or not. Just use it if you want to, i made a staff/discharge witch that generates charges with a curse on hit setup and power charge on crit cyclone and endu cry on cwdt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info