44 Total Days Played

44 total days /played across my main characters. Just got my first Exalted to drop. Sad. And to think this is the predominant currency of the economy. Crafting could be so much more if the interesting currencies actually dropped with reasonable frequency.

Never seen an Eternal.

Only 1 Divine

9 Regals

12 Blesseds
If it were more common, it's quite likely that items would sell for more of them (see chaos orbs); in other words, you wouldn't be any richer, comparatively speaking.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Deleted alot of char over the years
but i might have like 100days played

looted like

5 ex
6 divines
0 eternal
0 mirror
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Skivverus wrote:
If it were more common, it's quite likely that items would sell for more of them (see chaos orbs); in other words, you wouldn't be any richer, comparatively speaking.

I don't want to be rich, I'd just like to have a reasonable amount of the various orbs so I can craft my own gear. That was at least half the intention of orbs as I understand them. I'm not saying I should have unlimited amounts of the stuff so that I can make a full perfect set or gear for multiple characters - far from it. It's just frustrating when you find a pretty good item now and again and it just needs a little tweaking to fit your build. I can't even do that with what I find. And before anyone says it, I'm not interested in spending tons of time selling items by spamming endlessly in trade chat or flipping currency in the same way.

Anyway, still love the game - I take the bad with the good. Just wanted to pay tribute to my finding my first Exalt, albeit in a somewhat sarcastic way.
Yep, I only found 1 exalt ever and 2 regals. Ridiculous! This is why I'm not even that excited about leveling up the masters that much because I won't be able to pay for any decent mods. Basically, with the addition of the masters, considering how slow they level up and how expensive most mods will be, they haven't done much to crafting other than a few mid-game options.
Yeah, at level 81 I love crafting 30 life on an item. Wow, what a difference that's going to make!
Last edited by leopard2lx on Sep 2, 2014, 12:35:32 AM
"
urgatorbait wrote:
44 total days /played across my main characters. Just got my first Exalted to drop. Sad. And to think this is the predominant currency of the economy. Crafting could be so much more if the interesting currencies actually dropped with reasonable frequency.

Never seen an Eternal.

Only 1 Divine

9 Regals

12 Blesseds

Why do people put so much emphasis on this?

I've played since closed beta...2.5 years now. I've had maybe 3 exalts drop. But I've also had 100s of exalts worth of items and other currencies drop. Which I've traded for either chaos, exalts, or other items.

Just today I had a Windripper drop in a 68 map. That's worth about 20 exalts right now in Beyond.

Before that drop, I've made around 10 exalts worth of chaos in beyond, simply selling items for 1-2 chaos. Selling gems. And selling the occasional good rare for 5-10 chaos.

But I've only had 3 exalts drop in 2.5 years, so obviously the game is broken.
Last edited by inDef on Sep 2, 2014, 1:09:57 AM
There are 2 kinds of players. The crafter (like TC) and the trader. The crafter isn't interested in wealth but more in crafting his own gear and enjoy the game. The trader wants to make money and buy him the best possible gear available. PoE used to cater only for the latter, but I feel Masters have been implemented especially to cater for the former. But it's still at it's early stages and I know GGG will tweak master to get the best out of crafting without completely removing the usefulness of currency orbs.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Last edited by KhelThuzad on Sep 2, 2014, 1:02:48 AM
"
urgatorbait wrote:
"
Skivverus wrote:

I don't want to be rich, I'd just like to have a reasonable amount of the various orbs so I can craft my own gear. That was at least half the intention of orbs as I understand them. I'm not saying I should have unlimited amounts of the stuff so that I can make a full perfect set or gear for multiple characters - far from it. It's just frustrating when you find a pretty good item now and again and it just needs a little tweaking to fit your build. I can't even do that with what I find. And before anyone says it, I'm not interested in spending tons of time selling items by spamming endlessly in trade chat or flipping currency in the same way.

Anyway, still love the game - I take the bad with the good. Just wanted to pay tribute to my finding my first Exalt, albeit in a somewhat sarcastic way.

FYI, if you're trying to sell in trade chat, you're doing it way wrong.

Do yourself a favor and sell your stuff on the forums like a civilized exile. Almost everything in the game is bought and sold using poe.xyz or other similar indexers.

Step 1: Make a thread of what you want to sell.

Step 2: put "~b/o X chaos" or "~b/o X exa" next to your linked items.

Step 3: Enjoy playing the game as people shop for items and then message you to buy.

It is really that simple.
"
inDef wrote:
"
urgatorbait wrote:

Never seen an Eternal.

Only 1 Divine

9 Regals

12 Blesseds

Why do people put so much emphasis on this?

I've played since closed beta...2.5 years now. I've had maybe 3 exalts drop. But I've also had 100s if exalts worth of items and other currencies drop. Which I've traded for either chaos, exalts, or other items.

Just today I had a Windripper drop in a 68 map. That's worth about 20 exalts right now in Beyond.

Before that drop, I've made around 10 exalts worth of chaos, simply seeking items for 1-2 chaos. Selling gems. And selling the occasional good rare for 5-10 chaos.

But I've only had 3 exalts drop in 2.5 years, so obviously the game is broken.

The problem with increased drop rate of currency items will remain the same. People will no longer sell Multistrike for 5 chaos but for 10C. Price will rise proportionally with supply of currency. Look at GCPs. Once it was a rare and much sought after currency. Good quality gems or items would sell for 1 or 2 of those. Right now, GCPs are worth only 2C... and every good gear is sold for Exalts.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Last edited by KhelThuzad on Sep 2, 2014, 1:10:12 AM
Found 2 exalts in the one month league. Was pretty lucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info