The screen freeze when opening chests has to go!

Seriously, died due to a 2 second screen freeze today while opening a chest.

Couldn't do shit.

Is it really that hard to make these things preload when starting the game?

This is absolutely aggravating.

"
An option to load additional mtx pve content (mtx which only is used by rogue exiles) would be gladly appreciated.

Got no problem to wait another 10-20 seconds for the game to load up instead of losing 2+ days of effort.

Stuff like this really demotivates me to play PoE (since I only play HC), and this leads to not being motivated to buy supporter packs. Just saying.

My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Sep 2, 2014, 2:21:43 PM
Last bumped on May 13, 2017, 1:00:45 AM
+1
for me its everytime when exile guard mod rolz
ign - FancySneakyDevil
I've never had a game freeze when I opened a chest. Strongboxes cause a one second freeze but we're not taking about those.
Died a couple of time to this.
And for a game the punches you hard for dying wither on standard or HC this is really weird.

Never have a problem and nothing freezes. Than again I do not run out of date cheap hardware and expect a game to cater me for not upgrading.

Shouting there needs to done something that I do not witness shows me you have technical problem or simple you do not have the iron to run poe in those conditions.

Post some specs might see a patern in it.....
I use lightning warp, so even when I do freeze, or lag slightly when opening strongboxes I'm pretty far away and can usually manage.

However I do agree that the lag induced from them is pretty severe sometimes.
The weird water creatures that 'charge up' lightning also lag my screen since they were put in.
I end up killing them first, even if there are much stronger monsters on the screen because of it. But that is an unrelated problem. lol

Regards,

Xikini
Xikini's simple loot filter.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1741538
Since the Fosraken Masters patch has been out, the response time of strongboxes has been vastly improved. If my 3% run speed character can open a strongbox and walk about eight paces away before the monsters attack, then it isn't a delay in the game.

I would suspect that your hardware is struggling to keep up. If you can, try running PoE from an SSD. if you can't, then try loweringgraphics settings or even the texture using the config file. On my previous machine, I had to set the textures at 5 to make the game playable. Good luck!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I get a split second freeze when i open lockboxes. but tbh, that allot of things that just popped up on my screen. I understand that that would be a shock to any graphics cards.
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Ever since this expansion has dropped the strongboxes have not given me any issue whatsoever, especially with lightning warp. The issue I am having is that in the Beyond league I have died a total of 7 times. Seven. Seven goddamn times. Want to know why? I kill that last little monster out of a mob, and a pack of beyond creeps spawn, my screen freezes for 5+ seconds. Not every time, which is peachy, but every now and then, my screen freezes for 5+ seconds. I try to turn my computer off (because dying to this is bullshit) and alas, another few hours wasted leveling a character. Level 48, 45, 40, 36, 34, 32, 18, 15.... if memory serves... Guess I need to update to a SSD so that I don't need to revert to scrubcore. Beyond-Aggravated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info