"You were a good man in a bad situation"

I mean, Fairgraves explains it himself, even though I don't remember it verbatim.
But it's along the lines of "It's nothing personal, but the Allflame has to be kindled with a life and, well, the only suitable life I've seen in age are you. Sorry 'bout that, mate."
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Maybe sex slaves is legit is this world. Sax Slaves was legit in our world for a long time. Basically last 200-300 years its not.
Git R Dun!
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
Semptimilius wrote:
The witch says she admires Piety's work, after running through the horrors of mutilated bodies and the lake of blood. (The achievement for killing Dominus on merciless is called "Usurper".) Pretty evil, if that's what GGG is going for.

The Witch and the Shadow are sociopaths and don't even try to hide it. The Duelist has his code of honour, but not really any kind of moral principles he's standing up for. The Scion is all over the place.

The duelist is by far the most sociopathic here.

The witch was after revenge (justified imo)
The shadow had killing as his profession (Survival, greed) immoral, yes. Evil? Well kinda but...

the duelist murdered some guy for trashtalking him. "YOU HURT MY FEELINGS BUHUUU". Not that is a psycopath!
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
Semptimilius wrote:
The witch says she admires Piety's work, after running through the horrors of mutilated bodies and the lake of blood. (The achievement for killing Dominus on merciless is called "Usurper".) Pretty evil, if that's what GGG is going for.

The Witch and the Shadow are sociopaths and don't even try to hide it. The Duelist has his code of honour, but not really any kind of moral principles he's standing up for. The Scion is all over the place.

The duelist is by far the most sociopathic here.

The witch was after revenge (justified imo)
The shadow had killing as his profession (Survival, greed) immoral, yes. Evil? Well kinda but...

the duelist murdered some guy for trashtalking him. "YOU HURT MY FEELINGS BUHUUU". Not that is a psycopath!

Wrongness tiers:

0: Killing randomly, for joy:
There is no defense.
This is the definition of evil, in most worlds where evil exists.

0.2: Killing those who annoy you:
Still no defense, but at the very least you can predict the behavior.
More chaotic than evil, but still evil.

1: Killing for money:
There is no way for a person to avoid getting killed by this person.
You can be a saint, and an evil person wants you dead, and you're dead -- because the evil person paid a person that kills for money.
Definitely evil, and always evil, unless the assassin actually refuses trade in cases where the TARGET is not evil or a killer that has commited a worse crime than assassination.

2: Killing some one as revenge for what somebody related to that person did to you:
This is almost as cruel as killing for money:
The victims may not have done anything wrong to the killer, and may not have any reason to suspect they're going to be killed, but are killed none the less -- for something somebody else did.

3: Killing for honor:
When someone kills for honor, you know you can avoid it -- by not dishonoring them.
Most often, the offended can forgive the offender under certain conditions.
This is more on the side of "misguided" than "evil", depending on the strictness and fairness of the code of honor.

4: Killing for revenge or crime prevention:
Eye for an eye simply does not work in a society, but is defensible in absolute danger (warzone), isolation (from society) and in tiny societies without the ability arrange a trial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info