"You were a good man in a bad situation"

Said the lesbian to the man who just got done talking about his enjoyment of sex slaves.

Doesn't quite make sense to me.
"
thescyphozoa wrote:
Said the lesbian to the man who just got done talking about his enjoyment of sex slaves.

Fairgraves was a very bad man who stayed very bad until the end. This is just a dumb line.
All the characters in this game are a little wack. Don't sweat it. The fact that it doesn't make sense to you is a sign that you're a normally functioning human being.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
All the characters in this game are a little wack. Don't sweat it.

Well I mean...the Scion's completely insane. And not even in a way that makes sense.

But all the other characters are fine, IMO.
Nope. They're all wack. The idea of running though thousands of people/monsters killing anything that moves is NOT normal.
"
thescyphozoa wrote:

Bestel apologizes for him too. I think it's made to seem more weird by Fairgraves' voice actor.

He plays the character as if Fairgraves were a Scooby-Doo villian instead of as someone great but flawed.
Last edited by emilyek_1 on Sep 1, 2014, 6:48:24 PM
"
thescyphozoa wrote:

Are you trying to apply western world moral and ethic standards to Wraeclast you heretic? :>
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Only the Marauder is good
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
Believe it or not, it is possible to be a lesbian and not condemn someone for dallying with a slave IF the latter is conveyed as 'standard behaviour' for a certain class or archetype.

But isn't that class/archetype exactly the type of person the Ranger is supposed to hate the most?

"
And sure, he's an unreliable narrator -- he SAYS he rescued her from the pits (whatever they were) and that she betrayed him by turning the coat of his first mate, but we'll obviously never know what really happened. We assume because he then tries to kill us that he's just a bastard, but I'd say that's probably not a fair assumption. The guy's clearly desperate to get the fuck out of Siren City.

When he says he "liberated" her, I believe we're meant to assume he means "purchased". Or if not, he took her for his own desires.

The part where he kills the player is due to the "bad situation", which I don't blame him for either.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nope. They're all wack. The idea of running though thousands of people/monsters killing anything that moves is NOT normal.

Most of what you kill is corrupted or evil or somesuch, so they're (we're) not doing anything wrong. And they all have their reasons. Specifically the Templar, he's just doing his damn job. And for a Karui, I'm pretty sure that IS normal.
Last edited by thescyphozoa on Sep 1, 2014, 7:52:01 PM
@StormHunter: I think scion and templar are good too... also wonder if the voices they hear are the same. and what is trying to reach them.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Sep 1, 2014, 7:56:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info