Im a comming back person.

Its not like i want to do the most bizarre builds i come in mind, just pick what it fits my play-style and more important things that seems fun to me, i for example have a templar that i wanted to make sort of a battle mage but i dont want to go and search guides and see what is the build i HAVE to do, i want to do what I WANT.
And it's doable! But you might end up with low life, low mana regen, not enough dex, slow cast speed etc etc. You will learn by playing, but get your mind set on making a second character at some point.
And you might end up finding that killer bow or dagger and want to do another character anyway. ;) oh yeah bizarre builds are great too. Cast on crit is a great support skill gem for funky builds. But then again, your templer won't be doing a critical hit build.
Last edited by tborup on Sep 1, 2014, 6:55:40 PM
Yes i know you can always do new characters to try new stuff and if i can do whatever i want maybe i do, but if im going to be forced to go certain builds then dont.
You'll be fine. Just don't get some dagger nodes, some sword nodes, some spell damage nodes, no life nodes, and expect things to go okay. Any character that's not incredibly badly build can get you to maps.

All that can really happen is that you'll die more often than some players and do less damage than some players. This is okay. Even if it takes you three times as long to get to maps than some cookie cutter build, you'll still get there, and you'll get there playing what you want to play.

You'll probably realize at some point that your character's deficient in some way. The game lets you respec points into where you need them, so when you realize at level 50 that 10% increased life is just not good enough, or 0% mana regen isn't cutting it for your 5-link Fireball, you can make some tweaks.

Learn from your mistakes. That's the most important things. Build deficiencies can usually be compensated for with solid play. You never need to copy builds in this game.
That sounds good, as long as i can play without the need to copy or stressing myself about how i have to be really careful to put my points where a build dictates etc then i play.

I may start a new character from scratch since i dont remember anything at all, i logged in with my lvl 25 and didnt know what to do, i couldnt even remember how to play it.
Last edited by frenrihr on Sep 2, 2014, 10:51:19 AM
"
frenrihr wrote:
Well i only want to play for fun i really dont want to get frustrated because i played the way i wanted to play, i want to be able to do all the game content the way i want to not be forced by the game to go certain builds because if not i cant progress in the game, i dont want the "oh you leveld this far, here is a dps wall if you dont have the dps then you cant progress... here rebuild a character with this build to continue", i dont want that.

As far as I can understand ... Sorry, this game is probably the wrong choice. Try Torchlight or something like that. This game is not designed to make every build capable of doing EVERYTHING ...

EDIT:
Maps shouldn't be a problem, though ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 2, 2014, 11:01:49 AM
I don't know, I don't feel as optimistic. Solid play will not fix a terrible build when you get into mapping. If your damage sucks or you have the survivability of an eggshell, you will get stuck. Well, unless you don't mind needing two hours for a Tropical Island map.

I'm not saying you have to copy a build, although I feel it is a good approach for a first character, just that it is hard to plan a build when you have no good idea what the end game is like. You can always farm and trade for Orbs of Regret and fix a character instead of making a new one. Would take time, but isn't impossible.
"
Mivo wrote:
I don't know, I don't feel as optimistic. Solid play will not fix a terrible build when you get into mapping. If your damage sucks or you have the survivability of an eggshell, you will get stuck. Well, unless you don't mind needing two hours for a Tropical Island map.

I'm not saying you have to copy a build, although I feel it is a good approach for a first character, just that it is hard to plan a build when you have no good idea what the end game is like. You can always farm and trade for Orbs of Regret and fix a character instead of making a new one. Would take time, but isn't impossible.

Starting a new character will often be quicker, than trying to fix the old one ... If you start over you can play that character fine, and fix the old one when the next passive skill reset comes ... That's what I did.

EDIT: I mean OP, not Mivo. Sorry for the inconvenience ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 2, 2014, 11:05:54 AM
Yep, I'd agree for a character under 85, and a borked one would probably not get there, but the OP didn't seem fond of incremental character development and just wanted to keep one character. I understand getting all OCD over spending points incorrectly, so I wanted to mention that there is an alternative to restarting, as inefficient as it would be to farm for buying regrets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info