Confused By A Specific Kind Of Quest/Battle????

Howdy All

Howdy Zombie Destroyers

The Winchester brothers say hello ;-) So, new to the game and to this type of game, but long timer of RPG's and MMOs and I have to say, REALLY liking this game a ton. Its taken awhile to get my head around it and its many layers, but I like that. So onto my problem.

Me: Lvl 14 Ranger, poison spec, decent life and mana, a wee bit of shield, 58% evasions, most resists between 20-45%. No dirt naps other than what Im about to describe. Im mostly a kite build although I kill many before they even get to me. Rotation which kills em fast, pop off some poison arrows to get the cloud up and then keep it up, drop Rain of Arrows, drink flasks for mana- all the baddies die. Ok, onto my problem.

I have had two incidents wherein I do a side quest which then a door highlights/appears, I go into the encounter and when I find the boss, Im turned into what looks like an infernal for those of you former WoW peeps (I haven't played that in years). Waves and waves of baddies hit all at once, I try to kite some, but its A LOT more clunky as that infernal dude. I make it about 70% of the way then I die. Im not getting what the red glowing small circles or any of the circles that end up surrounding me- mean? Should I be non stop kiting as the big ole' infernal? Its the only place Im dying and its because Im unclear as to whats going on and what to do. Your fantastic insights would help!

Also, the instance disappears never to be seen again, as in, I can't go repeat it because its no longer there. Normal modus operandi for this game?

Thanks!
Jin
NEVERMIND--- I have a small laptop screen and so what I was not realizing was, the dude was following me and I needed to bolt with him attached.
Everything that circle hits gets rezed.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
"
jinnokphi wrote:
Its the only place Im dying and its because Im unclear as to whats going on and what to do. Your fantastic insights would help!
It seems you are talknig about Haku master mission. You just have to grab the spirit ("infernal") and run to exit, you don't have to kill anything on your way.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info