CWDT + Molten Shell help needed!

Hey,

i got some question, 2 of them of matter for now:

1. : If i would run cwdt lvl1+molten shell lvl1 and cwdt lvl9 + molten shell lvl12 on another itme, would they proc indiviually or is there some kind of priority? would it even work?

2. : Is it worth leveling cwdt if i got just molten shell linked to it? If i just want to go for the defensive aspekt. Like i get 1.5k and block the next 1k rather than getting 450 to block 300? Do you think the bonus armor i get from molten shell is worth leveling the whole combo?

Help would be appretiated. I know how they work, but i cant figure out what is better.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Mongobongo on Sep 1, 2014, 2:37:49 PM
"
Mongobongo wrote:
Do you think the bonus armor i get from molten shell is worth leveling the whole combo?

Probably not, you would need high levels of molten and CwDT to get some meaningful benefit, and syncing taking damage and preventing damage can be tricky. It's probably easier on a 2H build because molten lasts too short on a blocker... still I wouldn't bother trying to get a permanent molten going, personally, when it triggers, it triggers.

Besides, if you got two, you could have the weaker one overwriting the stronger.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Besides, if you got two, you could have the weaker one overwriting the stronger.

But both could trigger seperatly?
"
Mongobongo wrote:
"
raics wrote:

But both could trigger seperatly?

Most of the time, but due to excess damage not getting carried over the sequence will get messed up occasionally and same hit will trigger both of them resulting in only one going off. Well, if the difference between two counters is right, it should happen rarely, so avoid having lower counter being twice or three times smaller, go for 0,8 of the big one or something.

Like this:
L15 CwDT + L16 molten
L12 CwDT + L14 molten

P.S.
For cases of simultaneous trigger, try having higher level setup in equipment slot above or to the left of the lower level setup so it goes off first. For instance, if low level setup is in off hand you should put higher one in helm or main hand, if it's in boots you can put the higher one wherever you want.

Last edited by raics on Sep 1, 2014, 5:47:21 PM
I see.

Alright, i'll give it a try. Thanks for your help so far. Are there any other gems giving me some kinda shield/defensive spec similar to molten shell? Currently i'm running cwdt>molten shield>enduring cry>enfeeble. I got one 3link or even 4link free without anything i need anymore. So i thought about getting another cwdt+something, just didnt figure out what would be worth getting for that.
Not really, you can slap in rejuvenation totem, I suppose, for some distraction and regen, it also requires high gem level to work.

Hmm, ill just keep an eye on gems i find time to time, something might come in handy. Like cold snap or something, freezes a little while. Thanks for the fast help though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info