Just slow down the monster speed you dolts

I got bored of playing only totems. I know its the safest way and cuts the desync by at least 50% but I wanted to try something else, such a huge amount of skills to be explored, right? Eeeh not really, once I built up a spell based character the desync grew to insane levels but one thing was kept the same - faster monsters were desyncing more, way more.

Ever notice how zombies almost never teleport? Its because they are super slow. But take a look at those charging minions and how they seem to be hitting a wall......ops, no, not really, they were actually hitting you. Most of the time even though you sidestep them they still hit you anyway and if you are prone to being stun locked you will be in for a frustrating experience no matter how good you are at kiting/dodging.

But they are not even the worst offenders, the rogue exiles, even though they are supposed to be exiles like us, are at least two times faster. They are so fast in fact they teleport, constantly. They are either desyncing away from you or directly on top of you. When Grinding Gear said they wanted to make those fights "faster" they were not joking, they made those fights being decided entirely on your desync luck.

I simply cannot believe they are not aware of this problem, this is impossible. And yet they keep those speedy enemies because otherwise the game would be too easy? So pathetic, I tanked up enough to be on top most of the time and yet I dont feel any satisfaction because the game lies to me about where I am and where my enemies are to the point of just spamming and hoping you outlive them.

Its a shame.
But you see, this is only obvious if you don't play the game on internal servers.

I absolutely agree, but the only response when this was brought up in the past was that more fast monsters were added, and desync stuff like lockboxes. It really does seem like that they design content without any consideration of the limitations of their propriety engine. They could, if they wanted, mask the problems much better than they do.

Just look at the Haku quests now. It is as if they are unaware that their engine cannot handle them in a real playing environment. It baffles me.
Last edited by Mivo on Sep 1, 2014, 3:27:19 PM
True, but zombies are one of the easiest enemies to face. If everything else is slowed down, the challenge in the game will disappear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info