700 play hours and it still bothers me...

I really want to customize my own char. Not so I can play Barbie, but so I can feel like it's mine and buy a little more into the game environment. I don't even care about lore etc usually and it still bothers me.

Turn our portraits into class icons and give us at least some limited skin options please.

Thank you.
"
Selminus wrote:
I don't even care about lore etc usually and it still bothers me.

Too bad GGG cares for that, same for a large amount of the community.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Too much customization would be a nightmare for them I would think. But a male/female option would be a plus.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Character skins are a huge undertaking. Huge. Like $100,000 huge.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Character skins are a huge undertaking. Huge. Like $100,000 huge.

If you're using the term "skins" as separate models and unique animations and armour graphics, then yes it would be very expensive.

However, that is not what a "skin" is technically. Technically they could just add a few new faces, allow the player to modify the size, weight, and skin tone. If so you're talking about A LOT less money. A few weeks worth of work at most for a decent designer. Source: I'm a designer.
But the marauder can't be white
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
There are more pressing matters right now... like desync for some skills (yeah I know, it will never be completely solved), Act 4, botting etc etc.

Cosmetic upgrades is the least of my concern.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
Lore ? :D This game has a story ? I dont care either I just kill stuff for loot....
You're missing out on some interesting stuff, then.
On the other hand, if you're contented with just looting, that's fine. :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
what I would personally like to see is for ggg to allow the modding of such things textures,ui,skins... unfortunately this will probably never happen seeing as they make the majority of their income with such microtransactions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info