Who is playing standard because they find rampage bland?

"
Mivo wrote:
gimped and punished for killing stuff.

This really depends on your character. My first two were an Ice Nova/Arctic Breath Templar and a crit Puncture/Split Arrow Shadow. They killed the lesser Beyond mobs without any difficulty from the start all the way to maps (both died to the big bosses, though).

My current character is a self found Ranger trapper. At level 50, she still doesn't have any fire or lightning penetration gems to go with her fire and lightning traps because GGG screws us as hard as possible with quest reward gems. It takes forever to kill some Beyond mobs when they have regen or regen auras.

Fighting against Beyond mobs is a challenge, just like anything else in the game. It's really not hard to overcome. You just need a character with decent defense and decent offense, with offense being the more important of the two. Beyond mobs have stupid amounts of life.

"Hey Templar! Here's an Ice Nova at level 1! You'll never get a support for it!"

"Hey Ranger! Here's a Fire Trap! Here's a Lightning Trap! Here's a Cold Penetration! Ha!"
op never played d2 ladders from the sounds of it

ladders are awesome!

why leave all my op gearz that I have on NL when I can just bathe in HR's all day

also

got L85 in beyond on a melee only build and enjoying it so far, once you learn the beyond mechanics it's not terrible, just semi annoying sometimes!
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Sep 1, 2014, 5:37:18 PM
Well, there's nothing wrong with you enjoying the Beyond mechanics. The portals felt like punishment to me, and just another thing that limits build choice, but playing in Beyond is a choice, so I have no complaint. I just hope they don't make this a regular part of the game (nor the killing streaks, though I like them, they do feel over the top).
"
Mivo wrote:
I just hope they don't make this a regular part of the game (nor the killing streaks, though I like them, they do feel over the top).

They'd both be awful mechanics for the base game, but I don't expect either one to make it there. They're both very weak mechanics. I'll be happy when they fade into history in ten weeks.
Oh hey I thought i was the only one who thinks rampage is like that... I dont know, but the awesomeness of the boxes last league made me stay, specially finding a cartos and getting a shit ton of maps or arcanist even and getting unexpected divines or exalts from 'em, this league somehow the killstreaks didn't cut the mustard :/
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Sep 1, 2014, 10:56:49 PM
"
FadeXF wrote:
I will be a permanent Standard leaguer after this temp league... the only chances of me staying temp league are if they make Masters account wide so I don't wipe my Masters every 3 months. THAT is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I think I'm in the same boat, as mentioned, though I'll do the Beyond successor in the December-April set of temporary league, since I don't have any HC masters yet. After that, though, I'll play either Standard or plain HC.

As you said, leveling characters is fun, and I don't mind doing that every three or four months, but re-leveling the masters would be entirely unbearable to me. I'm agitated as it is that I ran 27 maps in the past two days and did not encounter Zana even once. The count continues today.

Ironic that the very system that was meant to make the game less frustrating for solo players turns out to be a larger factor of frustration than anything else to date.
I prefer Rampage over Standard because of the fresh economy. However I agree that the rampage effect itself itself is incredibly bland and seriously adds very little to the game. When I get a high streak going it does add a sense of urgency and excitement to see how high I can push the number, but that doesn't happen often and it's just frustrating when a good streak is ended by desync or a random stretch of empty ground that I had no control over.
I like all the new additions to the game and hope they all get promoted to the core game.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info