Serious bug regarding Herald of Ash

-

My instance crashes whenever I hit too many targets with my setup.
Assuming my build is hidden in the report-number.
I just ripped a 5-player Zana daily quest. Got all members of the party disconnected.

FIX please, I can't play like this..
-

Immoteph
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump -

Crashed more (public/private) instances.
Bump -

Rip Zana portals in this guy's daily.
Happens same with my Herald of Ash, increased AoE, ploriferation build.

Any time I hit many mobs, or fracture, I crash to log in screen.

Happened 4 times on a fracture sea spawn zana daily.

Happened around 14 times already in different occasions.

edit: now I started playing char again, count is at 30 crashes already.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Sep 28, 2014, 12:25:04 PM
please fix this, this makes my herald of ash builds unplayable.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Still an issue.

logs at pastebin: http://pastebin.com/9XudDnGQ
Nvidia 540M (9.18.13.3182)

Seems to happen when HoA propagates to many targets. But I experienced this only in Zana maps.
everyone gets d/c in sea witch fracture maps in Zana groups. I doubt it's because of herald of ash, because I do it with my build

Spoiler
FWIW: Herald of Ice, Ice Nova+prolif, Firestorm, Ice Spear GMP+chain

I suspect they need to upgrade their servers
I will rip the eyes from your head with glee
Last edited by StrangeObject on Oct 1, 2014, 2:09:37 AM
"
StrangeObject wrote:
everyone gets d/c in sea witch fracture maps in Zana groups. I doubt it's because of herald of ash, because I do it with my build

I have never experienced the fracture crash personally, though people in groups with me frequently have disconnect problems. Fracture crash, as far as I can tell, happens when the game does something so CPU-intensive (fracture causing insane graphics lag being a great example) that your computer can't even keep up while dropping FPS to nothing. A safety seems to trigger and log you out when the client figures out it'll never catch up. Incidentally, this is probably a good crash -- you'd be stuck frozen in CPU-limbo and still logged in otherwise.

I base this opinion partially on having noticed the complete elimination of insta-logout crashes in FX-heavy zones simply by upgrading my computer from Potato to Skynet five months back.

Those of you who have problems with herald of ash causing logouts, are your frame rates staying steady and you just pop out? Or is there related framerate drop?

I mention this because I've lately been running melee splash + herald of ash + 0.15 attacks per second + flicker strike. If anyone should experience hitting too much at once with HoA, it's me, and I've never had a logout crash.
"
Sayyid wrote:
Fracture crash, as far as I can tell, happens when the game does something so CPU-intensive (fracture causing insane graphics lag being a great example) that your computer can't even keep up while dropping FPS to nothing.
Actually "insane graphic lag" could easily be GPU, not CPU related.
Anyway, I think this is not specific HoA bug, because SW+Frac maps could get crashed by just opening strongboxes in them, not even firing at spawned monsters. Imho it is related to server-side calculation when there are too many entities to calculate simultaneously.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Sep 30, 2014, 11:24:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info