Can't update, Steam also hiding PoE from me

Hello,
I have spent literally hundreds of dollars on this game. I haven't played in many months, though, and I decided to get back into it a bit. Unfortunately I've discovered that that isn't going to happen because Steam no longer has Path of Exile, apparently, and when I use the client I get this message:

"Disconnected patching server before patching completed. Please try again"

Relevant info:
I live in Taiwan
I do not want to use Garena or whoever recently published
I do no read Chinese very well
What do you see in this link? http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960

You tried both standalone and steam client or only steam?
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Sep 1, 2014, 9:08:43 AM
"Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region"

I've tried Steam AND the Standalone Client.
Last edited by teacherpeter on Sep 1, 2014, 9:28:10 AM
yeah...steam retroactively region blocked quite a few areas shortly after the steam release...seems it's a money thing, GGG are plenty happy to take your money but steam not so much...think it was something to do with exchange rates and trading but it's very hard to find anything decent on why they region blocked it when the stand alone is open to everyone including MTX's
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Standalone is region blocked for me too.
"
Standalone is region blocked for me too.

It's not.
If you can log in you can download the game, the sand alone has no region blocking and is available world wide for all to play...even has a Singapore server though you need to type that into the gateway box manually.

I cannot boot up the client. It says it cannot connect to the server. I have an internet connection that's 120 MBits per second... I have never had trouble connecting to a game for ping related reasons. So I just don't know what it is. Seems region-related but I guess it isn't.
"
I cannot boot up the client. It says it cannot connect to the server. I have an internet connection that's 120 MBits per second... I have never had trouble connecting to a game for ping related reasons. So I just don't know what it is. Seems region-related but I guess it isn't.

try using a VPN, think there a guide and DL for one in the stickies, if that doesn't work for you contact support via email...they should be able to help further.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info