Still going for 5/8 or 8/8?

When we learned of the new challenges, many players felt that 5/8 would be trivial and dead easy. Now that Forsaken Masters has been out a couple of weeks, how do you feel about this now? Still going for 5/8, or even 8/8, or did you change your plan?

Personally, I'm pretty undecided whether I can even do 5/8. I did the "1 fucking mob remaining" challenge while leveling, and the 65 classes challenge is just a matter of putting in the time. The currency one is easy, too. I pretty much ruled out the Masters challenge, though, and Beyond doesn't appeal to me. That leaves me with the killing streak, bosses, and unique items. I think the latter I can rule out too, just too much trading required.

I have never done Atziri, but my Rampage's main is a Puncture/SA (or TS) build, so she should be do-able. If I suck too hard, the kill is probably easy to buy (but I'd rather not be so lame). The killing streak, well, this may be as easy as rolling a Strand map with sea witches, but I'm not sure. Still seems hard to get 850+ kills. but 5/8 would hinge on this entirely.

What about you?
Trying to get to 7/8 By the end of the league but not trying to rush anything. It happens if it happens. Only thing im not even remotely trying to do is the unique items.
5/8 shouldn't be that hard, 8/8 is going to require some grinding though..
Almost done with Beyond foes (no Abaxoth yet), currency and would've been done with 65 had I not remade exclusively scions.

21/34 Unique bosses killed and only unique map bosses are left + Atziri. The latter I will finish sometime later this month. I guess I should go for Rampage Tiers and 65s towards the last month.

Only one I see not doing is Unique items. Fuck that.
Getting the t13 rampage one is easy (I did it with a sea witch dried lake map that did not even have pack size).

Clearing the areas is easy.

Using the currency is easy.

Getting all classes to 65 is easy but somewhat tedious.

Then after than my choices are killing the unique enemies or killing all the beyond monsters.

Course I could decide that its all too tedious like I have on every other league and just get whatever challenges come naturally as I play.
Can the Beyond bosses be done in normal/cruel? Or do any of them require merciless?
Going for 1/8. It's the only one within reach for me :)
Don't care. Last season stumbled on 4 skulls. Only real goal is build a uber killer.

Thats kinda like the ultimate gear check and everything is trivial compared to it. So you get that done you win at game IMO. Rest is just a time sink which I don't have time for.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 1, 2014, 3:58:26 AM
Probably going for 5/8.

Fullclear was pretty easy and rampage tiers just required a good seawitches map. Zana has been kind enough to provide Olmec today and also got Atziri out of the way. Only need the first Rhoa and avatar of apocalypse for the boss challenge.

Currency is doable whenever so that leaves one final challenge. I'm doing pretty good on masters so I didn't actually rule that out. Everyone is making it out to be this impossible task when someone already has a level 8 so I don't know about that. Probably going to do the beyond challenge instead of the 65 all challenge since that's just plain tedious.

Favourite challenge has been the unique bosses though. It gives an incentive to explore content that many never do(mao kun, olmec, death and taxes, Atziri).
Last edited by kasub on Sep 1, 2014, 3:55:38 AM
7x 65 is the epitome of retarded decisions.

all 8 masters is grindy as hell, I might just go for 5. 8/8 shoulda had armor mx as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info