Computer randomly restarts while playing.

After a crash, check if there is a .dmp file in C:\Windows\Minidump that was created when the reboot occurred.

Your computer might be crashing and automatically restarting.

I have checked and my computer only has 3 bump files the closest to today's date is 3 months prior. Thanks for the info tho Startkabels.
Ok, so no dump files are created when the problem occurs?

Were you able to play without the random reboots before and since when did this started to happen?
Last edited by Startkabels on Sep 1, 2014, 6:50:43 PM
correct no new bump files have been created since the PoE crashes have started. They also started as of the new patch of PoE. I tried re-installing PoE completely, running pack checks, using the -ns -swa strings and nothing seems to fix the issue.
Bud1987,

You aren't the only one. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1022797

Startkables,

No known hardware issues, happens randomly when zoning. Mostly from town. The reboot is instant and there is no BSoD, nothing in Event Logs for the time of reboot. Only error entry is:

"Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Event ID: 41
Level: Critical
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
Holir thanks for the info. Very similar yes. My crashes are not dependent upon zoning. For me it is just completely random and actually has never happened while zoning. I will be fighting or in town in my stash and all of a sudden a crash will occur.
I am having the same issue. No .dmp files created and it is very random. All of the hardware is up to date and there is no way its overheating.
duxk have you tried adding the -ns and -swa strings to the end of your file path? That is "supposed" to fix like 90% of these issues.
"
Bud1987 wrote:
duxk have you tried adding the -ns and -swa strings to the end of your file path? That is "supposed" to fix like 90% of these issues.

I have tried that fix at it makes it even worse for some reason. Immediate shut down no blue screen or anything.
"
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Do you run Catalyst Control Center?

If so, have you tried disabling PowerPlay?

That neat little "feature" would always shut off my computer without warning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info