Unique Endless Map

Updated with more interesting mods.

Base map: Unique - Natharias' Nightmare

Base level: 66

Special properties:
1. Final boss drops are lucky
2. Item Quantity is converted into rarity"
3. Every three levels increases map level by 1 (This means level 83 once all map mods are applied)
4. At least one of every monster spawns in each monster pack
5. At least five monster packs spawn per level, no less
6. Monsters grant 1-50% of normal experience?

The first level of the map has no modifiers. Entering a new level causes the map to add a random mod and values of mods are increased by a random amount. This occurs until all mods are applied to the map.

Once the map has all map mods, the next level will contain the final boss. This boss is the only entity in the room but has a few special traits:

1. Randomly becomes any one boss from any other area, including other unique maps or corrupt areas, including Atziri and Uber Atizir.
2. On death, the boss continues down the list, choosing another random boss.
3. The boss assumes his actual form when all other bosses are defeated. I have no idea what this boss is or what abilities he/she/it should have.
4. The boss only drops loot once his actual form is defeated.
5. Drops from the boss are lucky.
6. There is a separate roll that grants a fair chance to drop another Natharias' Nightmare.
Last edited by Natharias on Apr 21, 2015, 3:22:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
nice, +1
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Isn't it like Maelstrom of Chaos from Closed beta? didn't play that but read something similar.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
Isn't it like Maelstrom of Chaos from Closed beta? didn't play that but read something similar.

I know almost nothing from closed beta. I only played from near late open beta.

Either way, it's closer to Coward's Trial but in a different sense.
awesome idea!
"no great man lives in vain"
Thomas Carlyle

my ranger : /954868
Nice idea, if ridiculously excessive and abusable.

Sure, builds would be able to do it, but that frankly just sounds obnoxious if anything.

Tone it down by about 70% and it can be Cowards trial 2.0. I'd be down for that.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
TikoXi wrote:

Sure, builds would be able to do it, but that frankly just sounds obnoxious if anything.

Tone it down by about 70% and it can be Cowards trial 2.0. I'd be down for that.

It's not obnoxious. It's meant to be the true test for all builds, and even to top Atziri. Perhaps now you'll understand why I suggested it.

As to abusable, please explain how. You still only have six portals, uniques can only be dropped by the boss, and because you fight all of the non-Atziri bosses the one time he drops loot the rolls are lucky.

Plus, we're talking level 83 monsters at the end, so they're going to be tougher than anything anyone has ever faced.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

It's not obnoxious. It's meant to be the true test for all builds, and even to top Atziri. Perhaps now you'll understand why I suggested it.

As to abusable, please explain how. You still only have six portals, uniques can only be dropped by the boss, and because you fight all of the non-Atziri bosses the one time he drops loot the rolls are lucky.

Plus, we're talking level 83 monsters at the end, so they're going to be tougher than anything anyone has ever faced.

Experiance Palooza, nuff said. Abusable.

Also, that wouldn't be a test so much as a bloody marathon. Reread what you suggested. Essentially 52 maps all condensed into one compact package. That would take DAYS to complete, not hours. Obnoxious.

And we're talking level 83 monsters. Everything that entails. More abusable.

Abuse is about more than uniques, you know. A good farmer can cherry pick his way through the utter CASCADE of loot that this map would generate, and gain about 50 levels in doing so. This isn't a test of skill or build so much as patience. This would be better as a dedicated zone, not a map. Maps have time limits. Zones do not.

Figure the limited access how you will.

Edit: It would also break the UI.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Sep 1, 2014, 12:14:02 PM
"
TikoXi wrote:

How so? Nobody said the levels were large, and I thought that everyone would assume the levels to be fairly small due to the raw number of levels the map has.

Apparently not many hold to such high standards.

"
TikoXi wrote:
Also, that wouldn't be a test so much as a bloody marathon. Reread what you suggested. Essentially 52 maps all condensed into one compact package. That would take DAYS to complete, not hours. Obnoxious.

Again, I had assumed everyone would also assume the levels wouldn't be map size.

Does logic not apply here?

"
TikoXi wrote:

...and by the time you get to those level 83 monsters, the map has every possible mod and most, if not all, will be of maximum value.

Have you even done a 66 map, or can you imagine a level 83 monster attacking 35% faster with 100% extra damage as fire, cold lightning, and 35% increased monster damage?

Oh, and not to mention, players would have the following:

1. No regeneration of any sort.

2. -25% maximum resistances.

3. Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, and Vulnerability unless they use a curse immune flask.

...and then the fact that monsters fracture. So one pack of 83s would become many times the size and one-shot better than any boss.

At this point it's obvious you're trolling so take your attitude and shove it.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

How so? Nobody said the levels were large, and I thought that everyone would assume the levels to be fairly small due to the raw number of levels the map has.

Apparently not many hold to such high standards.

"
TikoXi wrote:

Again, I had assumed everyone would also assume the levels wouldn't be map size.

Does logic not apply here?

"
TikoXi wrote:

...and by the time you get to those level 83 monsters, the map has every possible mod and most, if not all, will be of maximum value.

Have you even done a 66 map, or can you imagine a level 83 monster attacking 35% faster with 100% extra damage as fire, cold lightning, and 35% increased monster damage?

Oh, and not to mention, players would have the following:

1. No regeneration of any sort.

2. -25% maximum resistances.

3. Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, and Vulnerability unless they use a curse immune flask.

...and then the fact that monsters fracture. So one pack of 83s would become many times the size and one-shot better than any boss.

At this point it's obvious you're trolling so take your attitude and shove it.

You, my fellow, are suffering from author's blindness. You're so pleased with the notion of what you've created, you are covering your ears and singing lalala whenever someone tells you it's not a great idea.

"No I'm not!" I hear you cry. Your last sentence is literally that, in fewer words.

It's not a good idea.
Current design is heavily flawed. I've told you why.

Take your arrogance and your ego, and shove it. Together or one in each end, I really don't care.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info