Forum shop functionality issues

I try to maintain a shop on the forums to sell my stuff, but about once a week when I try to edit the thread to add in a new item, I get an error message whenever I try to save the thread stating something along the lines of:

"The item with index #x does not exist"

Where x is a number that is usually the last item that I'm selling (the most recently added), or near to the last one.

I can't save the thread unless I delete the link to that item which the forum is complaining about, and re-link it (the item is still in my storage). However, when I delete that link, re-link that item, add the new one, and save the thread, it shifts all of the links for the OTHER items around. I once got 8 PMs in 30 minutes because I didn't notice that after adding a new item and deleting a problematic line, the shop somehow put my Tabula Rasa under the 1 chaos buyout spoiler tag instead of the 2 exalted buyout spoiler tag directly below it where it was before (the Rasa wasn't the item I had to delete and re-link, so I didn't just re-link it under an incorrect spoiler).

What's going on?
Last edited by RaSTVaMPHuNT on Aug 31, 2014, 1:13:12 PM
That error is because items in your stash have moved, or you've moved tabs, etc.

If you want to maintain a shop thread, you need to ensure you don't move items around.
Well, that's a colossal pain in the ass because I'm pretty OCD and try to maximize stash space to avoid buying more tabs, but thanks for the help. At least now I know what's causing it.
The problem is, the items in your shop are referenced to actual items in the game by their location in your stash. That's what the index stuff in the item link is doing. It's taking an actual inventory slot item and linking it to a forum link.

When you move the item in the stash, it's position changes, thus the index changes. You can make NEW threads with NEW locations of items, but you won't be able to properly maintain the shop if you keep moving all the items around.

Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info